E-6000 curing time?

Hi FISD members, once again i ask for your guidance on my way to becoming a stormtrooper! I'm currently gluing the snap plates to my torso and back pieces, and I'm wondering how long it would take for the E-6000 to cure enough for use, i know that the full cure time is 24 hours but i would like to try it on right now (It has gone 19-20 hours from gluing)

Thanks!

//1mpulseS0D

It was the snap plates i glued on, so the idea was to try snap it all together and try it, but I'm going to pickup a new drumkit so i guess i can wait until after that! But it will be ok to pop of the magnets and the clamps?

I used to remove the clamps and stuff after around 8-12 hours (depending on what I did during the day, often I left it over night and removed the clams when I got home from work) and by then E-6000 was strong enough for basic wear and trying out the new pieces.

I found anything shorter than the 24 hours recommended will usually pop when put under stress. Here us a little trick I learned though. After applying the E-6000 glue to surface to be glued, put a drop or two of quality super glue on top of the E-6000 and stick the pieces together. The super glue will give an almost immediate bond so make sure your placement is correct. Then it will hold solid while the E-6000 cures, allowing some stress like trying on. Works best with parts that don't move. With the snap plates, I am assuming that you are pulling them tight with elastic bands, so you still need to be careful you don't pop seals.

E-6000 is a superior, flexible adhesive but it takes a long time to dry. Super glue dries fast but does not flex so it is not good on it's own. Together they make the 'superist' of glues... Don't rely on super glue alone though!

Edited by n0c00lgamertag