Darth Aloha's RT-MOD ANH Stunt Build[*RT]

Hey Eric,

I am loving the build so far and can't wait for the pics for your approval! I am also re-working on my TK build but miss my movie armor compared to my FX build I have now! Your RT build is looking great like everyone elses and can't wait to see more progress pics!

Keep it up buddy and post more!

On 28.10.2011 at 5:22 AM, jnnfr72 said:

You got split rivets? You're going for the super awesome certificate! Awesome build thread! :leia:

I regret using them to attach my thigh battery. They're really hard to bend. I ended up mangling the hole they're put through when you get them bent back far enough. So...yeah.. don't use split rivets unless you have some special tool or method to bend the prongs. The RT thigh battery is hard enough to get on without battling the split rivets :) I have a few other complaints about the RT thigh pack... but I'm too psyched to get in my full armor this morning to whine about it.

On 28.10.2011 at 4:11 AM, WetOkole said:

Hey Eric,

I am loving the build so far and can't wait for the pics for your approval! I am also re-working on my TK build but miss my movie armor compared to my FX build I have now! Your RT build is looking great like everyone elses and can't wait to see more progress pics!

Keep it up buddy and post more!

Thanks man! (WetOkole my GML btw... so that's a good sign)

Speaking of okoles... I need to get mine in gear and finish the last fiddly things on my armor.

Aloha,

-Eric

Almost there. Almost there.

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_1004.jpg

Immediate Todo List:

• Install chest/ab elastic to keep my chest down. Chest is way too high. Done!
  • Install belt snaps. My belt slid down. Done!
  • Adjust ab and thighs to reduce black showing. Done!
  • Stop shoulder bells from rotating back
  • Fix shoulder bridges. They're angled totally wrong and one came unglued today.
  • Redo and lengthen side snaps and lose weight. They came came undone while walking around.
  • Find my iComm PPT balloon and hope it isn't totally shorted.
  • Open eyes when someone takes a photo of you
  • Buy Princess Leia a more royal leash (more on the dog costume contest later)

The EIB/Centurion list is way longer.

Aloha,

-Eric

Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased with my build but I'm far from being done. There's still a ton of EIB mods to do.... more on that later.

Here are a few photos from trick-or-treating last night.

This one pretty much sums it up... a friend's little girl:

DSC_0028.jpg

Here I am waiting at the bottom of our driveway for my wife to get our kid in his stroller. I don't know why exactly me just standing there cracked her up, but it is funny:

DSC_0008.jpg

Walking through Rosanne Barr's dance party. She has a house half a block away and invited the whole town over last night. The party raged on into the night with a DJ and dancing. She was dressed as Cleopatra and said absolutely nothing as I walked by in my armor and said hello through my aker/icomm:

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Moments before 3-4 high fives:

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Aloha,

-Eric

I am an Island Unto Myself

Hawai'i Island is a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with an area of 4,028 square miles. It is twice the size of the state of Delaware and three times the size of Rhode Island... and growing. Of the 160,000 residents on island, am now the first TK and only member of the 501st. The nearest Imperial forces need a boat or a plane to join me in keeping the galaxy safe from the rebellion.

Not only was I approved but I managed to snag the TK ID I wanted.... 9674 is short for my zip code... 96743

th_96743Kawaihae.jpg

My armor took a year from inspiration to trooping on Halloween. I want to thank everyone here on the FISD forums. There's no way I'd be in armor now much less look as good as I do without everyone's help and support.

There are two folks in particular I'd like to call out. Kaptainkaos and Kevster. During my armor build they were tireless, and at time relentless, in their dedication to helping me. Kaptainkaos was kind enough to offer to go buy magnets for me and ship them to Hawaii. Kevster was forever taking photos of his armor and we even skyped so he can show me how his sniper knee was attached to his shin. Mahalo nui loa troopers.

Soon is EIB fo me... here's my punch list to install... I have all the parts waitng in my desk:

• S-trim
  • Green lenses
  • Side rivets
  • 2 lower helmet screws
  • Rank stripes
  • Paint vocoder (remove sticker)
  • Cod rivet
  • Cod snaps
  • Handpainted-esque decals (centurion)
  • Trim belt corners (centurion)
  • Assemble and paint the Jesse TD

For centurion... I need a new blaster... but that may not happen until after the holidays.

Aloha,

-Eric

• Like 1

Congrats TK 9674! Your armor build has already helped lots of soon to be troopers.

We feel safe knowing you are at your post, even though you're by yourself for now.

:) We'll be looking for the Centurion build thread.

Congrats on getting approved and turning your box of plastic into something really nice looking! :)

You say you have some more things to adjust for EIB, so may I add something for you to think about?

I suggest that you re-think your thigh strapping so that it doesn't show through, like in this picture:

DSC_0027.jpg

Great job on the armour, and good luck! :duim:

Congrats Eric! I really like the look of RT on taller/bigger troopers - it just seems more natural that trying to squeeze in to TE type armor. You did a great job and should be proud :)

How do you know you spend too much time on FISD?

Your iPhone learns how to autocorrect: vocoder

Aloha,

-Eric

:lol:

Mine autocorrects "TK", "ANH", "ESB", etc.

Congrats on getting approved and turning your box of plastic into something really nice looking! :)

Thanks man. It turned out even better than I thought it would.

You say you have some more things to adjust for EIB, so may I add something for you to think about?

I suggest that you re-think your thigh strapping so that it doesn't show through, like in this picture:

I know, right?! I've been struggling getting mightytank's garters to work for me. I have some photos with the extra elastic hanging outside of my thigh. I may just hang one single elastic from his belt rather than the V shape. They're so short that the little plastic thingies show no matter what I do.

Congrats Eric! I really like the look of RT on taller/bigger troopers - it just seems more natural that trying to squeeze in to TE type armor. You did a great job and should be proud :)

Thanks Paul. That means a ton to me.

Here's my punch list:

• S-trim
  • Green lenses
  • Side rivets
  • 2 lower helmet screws
  • Rank stripes
  • Paint vocoder (remove sticker)
  • Cod rivet
  • Cod snaps
  • Handpainted-esque decals (centurion)
  • Trim belt corners (centurion)
  • Assemble and paint the Jesse TD (only taped up and masked so far)

I've been searching around for a good paint locally for the vocoder and rank stripes and I'm coming up empty. Home Depot, Ace and Lowes are really my only options. I'm headed to the bay area this week for work so I'll probably pick up some model paint or something when I'm there.

Aloha,

-Eric

• 1 month later...

Making Preparations for EIB

Ok... I'm setting a goal for myself to be EIB before 2012. Heaven forbid the mayans or the incans or the scientologists are right and the world ends, I want to go down with my EIB badge.

I'll be suiting up some time this week as time and wife allows to take my application photos. In the mean time I would like to run a few things by everyone to ensure I have everything tight and right.

Obviously I'm listing some centurion requirements below.... just because I'm headed that way. I need to build my droopy blaster and put on the hand paintedesque stickers on my bucket.

Aloha and thanks :)

-Eric

Helmet

• Ears shall have three screws per side, one above and one below the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.
  • Ear bars should have four bumps only, not three.
  • Traps/tears and tube stripes shall have the correct ANH TK details.
  • Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips.

• Ear bars shall have only one or two bumps painted in black (rank stripes).
  • Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.
  • Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details).

Rob of RT-MOD uses two screws on the ear that have a more rounded head. I added a third screw at the base of the helmet where he put a rivet. Does this look acceptable?

I can't say I'm stoked on my vocoder paint job.... but I've seen worse.

Those are Trooperbay mic tips.

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0573.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

Shoulder Straps

• No visible rivets are allowed.

• These shall free float in back.
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

It seems to me that the shoulder strap centurion requirements for ANH Stunt could easily be moved into EIB. Please ignore the velcro holding my shoulder strap on. Re-gluing is on my todo list.

DSC_0558.jpg

Abdomen, Kidney & Butt Plate

• Ideally there should be no gap between the ab and kidney plates, just a single visible seam line.
  • Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three rivets equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not.
  • A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate shall be present.
  • A single split rivet or brad shall be present on the crotch tab of the ab plate. It does not need to be functional.

• A separate kidney plate shall be present, split from the butt plate.

• 3 rivets shall be present on the left side of the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not.

• A separate butt plate is required, split from the kidney plate.

• Two male snaps shall be present on the crotch tab of the butt plate. They do not need to be functional.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_05501.jpg

DSC_05521.jpg

Belt

• Belt shall be canvas or canvas covered, leather and vinyl are not acceptable.
  • There shall be three square buttons, one centered in the middle and one on each end of the plastic ammo belt.

• Drop boxes are closed in the back.
  • The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

Thermal Detonator

• The thermal detonator needs to be attached via metal clips approximately 1 inch wide, and shall be all gray without silver stickers or silver paint.

I'll be applying for EIB with my craptastic RT-MOD thermal det. I have a Jesse TD that I haven't found time to paint. I'll have it done for centurion.... but is this thang acceptable for EIB?

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

Thighs

• The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only – but not by standard rivets.
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt shall be rounded off.

thighs.jpg

Lower Legs

• Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave.

shins.jpg

Holster

• Holster shall be worn on the left and be attached to the belt from behind instead of front, with no loops covering the outside of the belt.
  • The holster will be affixed with two fasteners at the bottom of the belt instead of none or four. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws.

(see belt photo above)

Forearms

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

Too much return? This is how they came from RT.

DSC_0547.jpg