Lukes ANH Hero suit from LFL archives

just got this footage off the bluray extras disk.. it has some great images of Luke's ANH hero suit.. i was a bit disappointed that they only provided the torso armor, but here's what i got so far ;)

snapshot20110920135608.jpg

snapshot20110920135532.jpg

snapshot20110920135417.jpg

snapshot20110920133742.jpg

snapshot20110924162108.jpg

snapshot20110924161912.jpg

snapshot20110926074225.jpg

snapshot20110926074150.jpg

snapshot20110926074104.jpg

Yer this is going to help me out no end ;) , like you say Mason shame the rest of the armour was not with it . i luv the way you can do the full 360 around the torso B)

These are great, thanks.

However, as I was discussing with Dennis the other day, the real interesting stuff on this suit is surely on the inside. How did they have to modify the strappign system after cutting off the edge of the chest and back where the brackets were fastened?

You know,.. its very obvious to me now that the ab buttons and rivet covers were all negative vacuum formed using female bucks.

I wonder if it still smells like trash compactor sludge! :)

After watching the video it looks like the back is still attached as they other armors are, with screws.

Edited by Trooperbay

You know,.. its very obvious to me now that the ab buttons and rivet covers were all negative vacuum formed using female bucks.

i have to agree with that :) it was my first thought when i looked at the detail closely.. i cant see any way a positive mold could get those line details

heres a good blowup of the detail

abdetail.jpg

i color matched the best i could to standard rustolium colors

COLOR: 7727830 - Royal Blue

COLOR: 7786830 - Smoke Gray

I wonder if it still smells like trash compactor sludge! :)

After watching the video it looks like the back is still attached as they other armors are, with screws.

Yes Mike this is whats intriging me how was the back and chest plate attached ? as they were both cut at the botom you can clearly see the screws are there on the top of the kidney plate and i guess also on the butt plate also spotted some lovley gaffa tape on top of the right butt plate , but how was it for the chest and back plate :glare: