RT vs. CFO

ok well it looks like there is going to be an extended wait period on the AM armor so I have decided to just browse elsewhere for the time being. I then read through each paragraph about RT and CFO armor. CFO is pretty tempting considering I am going to be working on a TKC. Now is the CFO like the AM design where it's just a matter of lining up the edges? RT is this way as well correct? Obviously I will have to get a hold of Sskunky for more info on the CFO.

However, I have an RT-mod helmet and I do believe it would look better with RT armor. Is the chest piece for the CFO about the same size as the RT or a little smaller? I am kinda worried about proportions. Really don't want to look like a bobble head.

Any input would be great.

Thanks!

Two very different armour options ...

RT is a fan sculpt specifically designed for the larger trooper and to replicate ANH/ESB armour.

CfO is cast from an original ROTJ-style suit and helmet.

The RT will be much larger.

For some idea of size, here's a photo of me in (an incomplete) CfO, timmed along the natural lines where the original seams were. I'm just short of 5'8" and 150 lbs ...

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If you are going to do a TKC, then assuming you are the right size (which you may not be) CfO is by far the better bet.

Most EU trooper armor is based on ROTJ, but with an ANH helmet. In fact, if you have your sights set on Centurion you will need to ROTJ-ify any armor kit you get (door trim, inverted ab buttons, etc.), so you might as well start off already in that state.

Absolutely - except for the fact that per TKC EI requirements you'll need to fuse the kidney and butt plate. To my knowledege, RT Mod kits have them separated, ANH/ESB style. You would have the exact same issue with AM.

I have a complete RT kit. I was 6'00" 270lbs when I made it. I have lost some weight since then so I've had to re-shim my kit. There is not one bad thing I can say about it! I've received many compliments and Rob is perfect with his communicating. Good luck in your decision!

the alternatives for TKC should be for larger troopers in CFO armor with a sidegap. since TKC is an ROTJ variant with an ANH helmet you could go with

the following armors:

CFO small

AP small

TM larger slightly

• 2 weeks later...