I am new here and I believe I might have made a huge mistake. I dripped the ABS cement onto the eye-lens, I quickly grabbed Methyl-ethyl Ketone to wipe it off. This Caused an even bigger problem it left the lens cloudy.

I was hoping that it was only the remnants of the paste and I could maybe wipe it down some more but I don't want to take any more chances with MEK.

not a great picture but you get the idea.

post-15313-0-89536300-1315977011_thumb.jpg

What do you guys suggest?

Lens material is cheap to replace if needed. One thing you could possibly do is use some polish or rubbing compound on it. I had something similar happen to me on a plastic lens. I used some 1500 grit sandpaper and wet sanded very lightly then used some rubbing compound and it cleared it right up. If you have to get any of the stuff, you could probably just buy new lenses for the same price.

Best to let it dry and try and rub it off with your thumb. But like Kevin said, lens material isn't that expensive. Try Trooperbay.com or cut a green face shield to size.

J

Edited by TK 4702