Star Wars Blu-Ray

Marv

I haven't watched mine yet, because I don't have a blue-ray player (I got my box after a troop). But I think I can answer you.

The original cinematic verisons are not included, only the BR versions are (in all versions of the BR releases OT, PQ & OT+PQ) and to get some of the bonus features you have to buy the full box with all 6 movies.

Edited by Locitus

I'll likely buy my copy right after our release troop this weekend - I'm hoping for an Imperial employee discount. :lol:

Based on what has already been leaked, I've set my expectations appropriately. At this point, I'm just buying it for the deleted scenes and other goodies.

I'll likely buy my copy right after our release troop this weekend - I'm hoping for an Imperial employee discount. :lol:

Based on what has already been leaked, I've set my expectations appropriately. At this point, I'm just buying it for the deleted scenes and other goodies.

Ya, and we'll get a bunch of HD screen caps out of it as least. :duim:

So if i just buy the original triolgy on blu ray and not the whole saga. Will I miss out on any of the bonus stuff from the original triolgy?

Yes. Some of the bonus stuff (dare I say most?) is only on the 6-movie box.

While I find it really annoying that Lucas insists on pooping all over my childhood by changing the OT (as covered in a session with my therapist back in 1997) I still pre-ordered the full bluray set. Why the heck not?

It is still Star Wars even if Han didn't shoot first, there are more dewbacks than before, mos eisley is busier, alderaan explodes more spectacularly, Biggs might show up, the hologram of the emperor is different, the ghost of Anakan keeps changing, naboo celebrates the fall of the empire, Boba Fett's voice gets a makeover, and womprats seem to be freaking everywhere.

I'll watch the bluray movies, once I get a player, and I'll hate the differences and love every minute of hating it.... so will you... because everything is proceeding as Lucas has foreseen. We'll buy it even if we're mad at him.... maybe especially because we're mad at him.

Aloha nui,

-Eric

All the bonus material is DVD, only the movies are Blue Ray.

OH WOW--you certain about that?? I don't have a blueray either so I wasn't going to buy this--however I am DYING to see the bonus material. If it is DVD then I am most definately getting this. Can someone else double confirm this? I just want to be absolutely sure before I shell out the money.

Edited by Laspector

It stands to reason that the bonus stuff would be, but in an odd way it just kinda adds to me thinking I could probably simply make do with my DVD copies, with the originals on bonus disc. The only down side to this is that the originals really don't fare well on my 50" plasma screen :6:

I'll watch the bluray movies, once I get a player, and I'll hate the differences and love every minute of hating it.... so will you... because everything is proceeding as Lucas has foreseen. We'll buy it even if we're mad at him.... maybe especially because we're mad at him.

Best quote ever!

Guys just got a friend to check this and he has confirmed the bonus discs are Blu-Ray!

Interesting, I guess Amazon got it wrong.

EDIT: And there it is, Amazon's listing is different than it was a week ago when I pre-ordered.

Actually I have another gripe about getting this, and it the artwork on the complete saga box. Of all that goes on in the 6 movies this was the best that they could come up with...seriously? I would have thought that the powers that be would have come up with a really wicked mash up of all the original movie posters or something this looks like David Carldine taking his long walk 'know what I mean grasshopper'.

HOLY CRAP! THIS IS AN AMAZING SET!!! Love my timezone... I get it a day early!

Spend the 90 bucks. Get the whole shabang. I just plowed through ANH, Bonus 1 and 2. The OT deletes are flat awesome. WELL worth the coin.

I doubt iTunes will have anything.. I don't think you can even get the movies on iTunes. The picture quality is amazing in 1080P, I am floored with the opening of ANH. WOW. Just WOW.

Edited by Runnriottt