animated clone wars commander cody

Its so strange because i only liked TK's. But after joining 501st and watching clone wars. i was hooked.. so here it is.

i still have my animated grunt and also the shadow ops. I was rushing to build this suit so my build time for this was 7 nights after work.

I CA glued all the parts and also using the zip kicker. it cuts time so fast. i also used white 3M acrylic putty to fill the seams.

before weathering:

8f77a779.jpg

b39a7750.jpg

6885d607.jpg

5dd0a94b.jpg

9c3269af.jpg

Here are pictures while i was weathering:

af5a370d.jpg

187420d1.jpg

a349d494.jpg

b18fb6c9.jpg

I was able to finish it on the seventh day and troop yesterday. Here are some pics.

a4459efb.jpg

9aedf568.jpg

c8ed4b36.jpg

92fc4bc7.jpg

d29e2080.jpg

And here it was at the sf giants / star wars day. With 2 of my garrison mates. Boost and draa.

0562f594.jpg

Wow! That was fast. I like how it turned out. Would you say it was easier or harder than a TK to do the animated clone?

its strange. when i did my first grunt. i jumped into it and i was scared. but after working with both. i'd have to say that they are both very different. with TK i used e6000. with the cloners, i use CA glue for the first grunt. the second and this suit. i used CA and the zip kicker. i honestly can say i had the whole suit glued up in one day and ready to paint. its crazy. bondo takes time. and the paint.

so to answer the question. animated clones take longer than the TK but i think its more fun. one guy from socal, at a armor party. i saw him build and ready to paint in one day.

The weathering job is fantastic. What's your techique(s)?

i followed KW's idea. mist on a little bit of grey and then start sanding with a sanding sponge. grunt suit i was a noob so i messed up here and there and sanded down too much. but after some practice it came out well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome job man! ...KW helmet? Im seriously considering an animated clone. I like the look of that helemt over the other more "short" looking helmets.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. The helmet is actually marcellos. Only because hes the only one with a visor and antenna. I know kw has an antenna as well but the visor was the most important part i needed.

All of my other clone helmets are kw

f976f30c.jpg

awesome!!

did you paint the base armor white? or did you not have to paint it because you used white 3M acrylic putty? no bondo on this armor at all??

Yeah. I had to paint it initially krylon semi gloss white. Then add the yellow and then the grey to weather. I used bondo on my other grunt but i wanted to try the putty this time around. Either way, you would have to paint it because the armor is shiny abs. The cartoon is matte finished.