Best choice?

ImperialDave

Hello all! First post here and I'm glad I've finally gotten to begin in on a ESB TK as I've always to do one. My local garrison has a shortage of TKs so it was the perfect excuse for me.

Well, I'm of course looking for the choices of ESB armor (which I could qualify for my EIB.) to best fit me aswell. A lot of people have said CfO is the way to go but at 6'2" and 210 lbs I think I'd look more like an Imperial sausage than a trooper. I was considering AM or RT Mod but I think that the helmets aren't allowed under the CRLs (especially not for the EI) so I'm kind of stumped.

I need advice on my next steps. I haven't purchased anything yet as I don't want to buy a kit only to find out I just blew several hundred bucks on a set I couldn't use or get EI with.

Any ideas folks?

CFO is better if you want to do ROTJ. AM or RT-Mod is a wise choice for ANH or ESB if you're the size you say. The RT-Mod helmet is good for all levels I think, it's just the AM helmet that is only good for basic approval. But you can get a AM "lite" kit, which is without the helmet, and get that one from another maker.

As far as I know the only helmet that is not accepted for EI or centurion is TM/FX. I have a RT-MOD lid and aside from the ears it should be ok for EI

RT-Mod is allowed for EIB and Centurion. And the TM is certainly accepted, it's one of the most accurate sets out there, but not the FX.

Edited by BananoPower22

As far as I know the only helmet that is not accepted for EI or centurion is TM/FX. I have a RT-MOD lid and aside from the ears it should be ok for EI

I'm sure he meant AM/FX. As far as the RT Mod helmets go, the problem with them (at least the older helmets) is that the ear bumps are actually flat, when they should be, well, bumpy. I believe more recent RT Mod helmets have corrected this.

I believe in the past we've not worried about the flat ear bumps for EI at least. I also understand that moving forward RT will only be providing ears with bumps. He did in the past, but it was only when requested.

I have a RT-Mod helmet and armor and I had no issues with passing EIB with the RT-Mod lid. The ears had the correct number of bumps. Only thing I changed was the lenses for the green instead of the smoke that it comes with since I was building a ANH stunt. Not sure if you have to change those if your going for ESB as the CRL looks like flat smoke or green will work for both 501st and EIB.

Paul, do you think that I would be able to get away with the helmet in it's current state for EIB TKC or should I continue to pursue acquiring some ear bumps. I have a set of four bumps on standby.

I'd suggest just getting new ears from RT if feasible to do so. If you pushed for it, you can get EI without them but you'll run the risk that at some point the det wil vote to tighten up this detail and you'll just replace them down the line anyway.

Man this is greatly helpful for me! Thanks brothers! I feel more confident about the RT Mod armor for my goals now.

If you have the cash now, contact Rob right away. He just fixed up his molds and is getting ready for another run really soon. He travels for work and is away from email for long stretches (let's pitch in and buy him an iPhone) so better to email sooner than later. I ordered my armor in July... So it could be a while if you don't catch Rob at the right time.

Aloha,

-Eric

The answer is yes.

Although you apply for the two levels separately (typically EI first), if you are Centurion-qualified then you have already done what it takes to qualify for EI.

Also, you cannot get centurion without getting approved for EI first. But essentially they just add to the other, so if you aim for centurion then EI is a breeze for you.