Thin white shoulder strap elastic? What size?

• The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Tomorrow I'm headed an hour south to Kona to the only fabric store that doesn't require a boat or a plan to get to. I'm wondering about the elastic holding down ANH shoulder straps to the back plate.

In a typically obsessive move I read about 20 of the 40 pages of all occurrences of the word "elastic" on the FISD forums and found one reference to 1/4" white elastic.

How wide do you think it should it be?

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

I drove all the way to Kona today to find that the fabric store is closed on Sunday. Looks like I'm headed online for all my elastic needs.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

I don't waste my time going to stores only to find out they don't have what you want or are closed. It's so much easier for me to just buy everything on ebay and it's usually cheaper too.

Agreed. Especially seeing how far away most stores are for us and how few store choices we have.

I was wondering roughly how many feet of 1" black elastic I might need to strap my armor together using snaps. The FISD search form is giving me a little bit of heartburn :)

Thanks and Aloha,

-Eric

Well, I measured my stuff and and heres what I came out to. For my torso, and the straps in the shoulder bells to hold the biceps are elastic. The straps I have for arms and legs I wanted to be a little more durable so I used nylon straps for that, but here's what I got.

Arms - 26 inches ( nylon)

Bicep straps - 22 inches ( elastic)

Torso - 18 inches ( elastic)

Legs - 24 inches ( nylon)

So those were some quick measurements. The elastic that i have holding the ab and kidney plate are doubled over to make sure it lasts longer and I accounted for that in my measurements. It would be good to take those measurements and add to it for extra in case you need it or use some as test pieces. What i measured added up to 90 but I would add 3 more feet to that to be safe. Lastly, I haven't gotten my drop boxes on, but I'm sure of 1 foot of 1 inch wide white nylon is plenty for that. Hope that helps.

Thanks man. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Aloha nui,

-Eric

Well, I measured my stuff and and heres what I came out to. For my torso, and the straps in the shoulder bells to hold the biceps are elastic. The straps I have for arms and legs I wanted to be a little more durable so I used nylon straps for that, but here's what I got.

Arms - 26 inches ( nylon)

Bicep straps - 22 inches ( elastic)

Torso - 18 inches ( elastic)

Legs - 24 inches ( nylon)

So those were some quick measurements. The elastic that i have holding the ab and kidney plate are doubled over to make sure it lasts longer and I accounted for that in my measurements. It would be good to take those measurements and add to it for extra in case you need it or use some as test pieces. What i measured added up to 90 but I would add 3 more feet to that to be safe. Lastly, I haven't gotten my drop boxes on, but I'm sure of 1 foot of 1 inch wide white nylon is plenty for that. Hope that helps.

Behold the power of your local hardware store...

I found thin elastic and snaps with a setting tool. I have tons of black snaps from tandy but the silver ones will come in handy for the crotch and the right side snap. Also after reading Jorran's saga about his vario pliers not doing the job, I'm stoked to have the setting tool.