Which armor to buy???

Hi,

I'm planning to buy me a stormtrooper armor and right now i'm trying to save my money for it.

I searched the web for long to find the right one. but couldn't find an answer for my sizing problem.

I'm 132,28 lbs (60kg) and 5foot 8inch (1,78m) - you see, very thin.

Now I'm looking for an armor that matches 3 things:

1. as movie accurate as possible

2. the right one regarding my meassurement

3. and it should fit my wallet - so no sds ;)

can anybody give me a hint?

thanks to you all!

Hi!

If you use the search above, you'll be able to look up plenty of threads that threats exactly this subject.

It seems to be THE question lately.

These threads are all about armor size with guys around your size too:

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1514

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1630

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1676

Oh, and from what you're describing, the verdict shall be AP without much doubt :)

Look around, and PM when you want contact detail

Hi!

If you use the search above, you'll be able to look up plenty of threads that threats exactly this subject.

It seems to be THE question lately.

These threads are all about armor size with guys around your size too:

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1514

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1630

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1676

Oh, and from what you're describing, the verdict shall be AP without much doubt :)

Look around, and PM when you want contact detail

Thanks for your response!

I've read those threads and my problem was that most of those guys are heavier than me. Most are 150+ lbs. Expect one guy who has nearly the same measurements and he wears an AP ;)

My biggest concern was not my height but my weight. I'm worried that the armor could be to big so there is too much space between the armor and my body.

I know that those problems could be fixed with foam, but I think that it won't look good with too much foam under the armor.

Why do you think that AP would be the best? I know that they should be quite accurate and are made of thick ABS. But are they smaller than the other armors?

And what do you think about TrooperMaster armor for me?

The advantage would be that I havn't to pay customs duty because he sells from the UK and I live in Germany.

By the way, it would be nice if you could mail the contact informations for AP if they differ from those listed at http://www.tk409.com/update0405.html

Thanks, Patrick

Welcome to the FISD Patrick! :D where do you live? if you live in the UK, I'd say go for Johns SDS armor, and or TM's armor, ap would be the least expensive to chop down to your size while at the same time still having an accurate movie "look"...But AP is good for people who live North America because of the shipping costs...over sease, TM is the way to go as for armor kits in my opinion...with out paying the full price for an SDS...but, John D. has a whole SDS for sale right now for a VERY reasonable price...so your options are out there B)

You're right, I retract my verdict since I didn't see you were from Germany!

Go TM .. I know I would have if I were from the European continent!

Or the SDS from John!

You're right, I retract my verdict since I didn't see you were from Germany!

Go TM .. I know I would have if I were from the European continent!

Or the SDS from John!

I edited my profile so that it could be seen that I come from Germany.

It's really hard to get gut stuff over here, except from the UK. Try searching ebay.de for Stormtrooper - nearly nothing regarding costumes.

I look how much the costums duty could be and discovered that it could add alot to the cost of an armor if I would buy it from the States.

I think I will go for the TM or the SDS then.

Dude I have a complete never been worn SDS suit for sale. It won't be anywhere near the £995 he charges

PM sent ;)

Can you get "Old Timer" to give a little feedback on his AP and its fit? As well as his actual height? It would be interesting to know if he had to cut down the armor for a better fit and if so which pieces he trimmed.

Can you get "Old Timer" to give a little feedback on his AP and its fit? As well as his actual height? It would be interesting to know if he had to cut down the armor for a better fit and if so which pieces he trimmed.

I sent him a PM over on the Florida boards, hopefully he'll post over here soon.

Why not share the info here :)

:P

Not to hack your thread mate, but since we're on the note of sizing and such for AP armor?

For me, I'm around 180, 5"11. Do you think that I should go with AP armor? That's what I had in my mind as the suit I wanted..

Just curiosity on my part..love a pm on it :P

Thanks guys!

Fitz

I don't see why not. I'm 6'0/180lbs and fit into TE2, which is comparable. No shimming at all - actually had to trim a bit. Take a look at my avatar to see the results.

DarkeSword2020 said:
:P

Not to hack your thread mate, but since we're on the note of sizing and such for AP armor?

For me, I'm around 180, 5"11. Do you think that I should go with AP armor? That's what I had in my mind as the suit I wanted..

Just curiosity on my part..love a pm on it :P

Thanks guys!

Fitz

6'3'' 190lbs here .. AP all the way .. you can see some of my build in progress pix in my album here:

-----------

I can't wait to update you guys with my final suit, probably up to the Elite standards .. before Halloween of course! :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Guter Nachmittag, Willkommen zu den Foren.

We have a guy here in the Florida Garrison ("Old Timer"), who has a small build and he owns a set of AP armor. It looks really good too.

Danke!

I would like to here more details about his armor too. Does he had to trim a lot? And what is his actual size?

I think I'll go for an TM suit.

But I still got some questions.

-Is it made from ABS

-Is the helmet a 3-piece or a 2-piece design?

-How dependable is TM? I'm just curious because the guy that produces armor over here is very unreliable - at least nearly everybody who ordered there told that. That's why I'm a bit cautious. ( I hope TM will not be upset by this!!!) I just want to get sure that my money is well spent.

-Does he sell over ebay, too? Or is the forum the only way to contact him to order a suit?

@Bigturc: I'm looking forward to see your finished suit!

-How dependable is TM? I'm just curious because the guy that produces armor over here is very unreliable - at least nearly everybody who ordered there told that. That's why I'm a bit cautious. ( I hope TM will not be upset by this!!!) I just want to get sure that my money is well spent.

Sounds like you have been dealing with MFX armor :unsure:

@Troopermaster:

WOW, thats awesome! If already seen the pics of your armor parts laying on the ground even they looked superb! But that picture...WOW!

Be honest, in fact this is the Lucasfilm Promo-picture. Or at least you have the original 1977 molds ;):lol:

I think the guy wearing the armor could be of my build so yes it's skinny enough. Could you tell me his size and weight?

PM sent

@TK8280:

You're right, I'm talking about Movie FX. I'm lucky enough that I never ordered anything from him. But I read enough about the problems with him being absolutely unreliable.

I noticed that when I tried to email him and he answered ONE mail out of TEN I think!

So that what makes me a bit cautious.