Shoulder pauldron templates

dashrazor

i have these pauldron templates in my archives and would like to share them with the community. i did not make them myself but i converted them into JPG format for easy viewing. you will need to print them in sections or on a large format printer to get the correct size ;)

for best results use the PDF file DOWNLOAD HERE

instructions

pauldron-1.jpg

Templates

pauldron-4.jpg

pauldron-3.jpg

pauldron-2.jpg

reference images

pauldron-015.jpg

pauldron-014.jpg

pauldron-013.jpg

pauldron-011.jpg

pauldron-009.jpg

pauldron-008.jpg

pauldron-007.jpg

pauldron-006.jpg

pauldron-005.jpg

pauldron-4.jpg

pauldron-010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, JFarwell said:

I like the black the best. Does it matter?? Which one for TK stormtrooper. Not sand trooper. And is it a rank or for extra cool factor. Thanks 

Standard TKs don't actually wear pauldrons, unless you're doing a Rebels TK or an R1 style TK (Jedha patrol)
Or a HWT.

BTW:
Black = Private
White = Sgt
Orange = Captain

• 1 year later...

This pattern is great, but a quesiton. The OP only says it is sketched from an origional. There are not any dimensions... 

As I'm getting ready to cut this fabric for the pauldron..... I'm wondering if I have it scaled correctly.
What is the measurement of yours from the neck out to the edge across the top? The OP just says it is traced from an original....

I'll be a Shadowtrooper,  BF will be a crimson trooper.

I'm 5'8" and my BF is 5'10" so were nearly the same with a top of shoulder measurement of 5.5"
Yea, I have broad shoulders and long arms for a girl.

Edited by FireMist

4 hours ago, FireMist said:

This pattern is great, but a quesiton. The OP only says it is sketched from an origional. There are not any dimensions... 

As I'm getting ready to cut this fabric for the pauldron..... I'm wondering if I have it scaled correctly.
What is the measurement of yours from the neck out to the edge across the top? The OP just says it is traced from an original....

I'll be a Shadowtrooper,  BF will be a crimson trooper.

I'm 5'8" and my BF is 5'10" so were nearly the same with a top of shoulder measurement of 5.5"
Yea, I have broad shoulders and long arms for a girl.

From memory (it was sooooo long ago) I just printed the files as is, made a cardboard template then checked for sizing, I'm pretty sure I added more of a curve to the neck sections as they were a little tight and also increased the length as I found it a little short comparing to references. 

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

From memory (it was sooooo long ago) I just printed the files as is, made a cardboard template then checked for sizing, I'm pretty sure I added more of a curve to the neck sections as they were a little tight and also increased the length as I found it a little short comparing to references. 

I have a template of paper made, but without my own armor being finished, I really can't check the sizing. As for printing.. Its for a midget if I didn't resize it...LOL. The photos abouve are about 6x10 inches and are not full size.
I have the PDF, but the printer only prints a portion of each page. (old printer) 
Do you remember how much you needed to increase the length? This I suspect is the information I'm going to need. Glad I haven't cut material yet.

I redid the pattern to print 100% using paint.  (below) I don't know if the server will redact pixels or size...

pauldron-full size.jpg

Edited by FireMist

15 hours ago, FireMist said:

Do you remember how much you needed to increase the length? This I suspect is the information I'm going to need. Glad I haven't cut material yet.

Unfortunately not it was quite some time ago. Pretty sure I printed to fill page.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:26 PM, FireMist said:

Do you remember how much you needed to increase the length?

If memory serves I added about 2.25" (~57mm) to the length between the seam line and where the curve starts.

When assembled, my pauldrons measure 6"  (15.25cm) from the seam to the base of the pauldron.

Hope that helps.

I usually print it in DIN A3 and got perfect results so far. 

They are the same size as the pauldrons I use for my sandtrooper that where made by trooper1 and his work is awesome. 

(Crest of the Village I grew up, Swiss Garrison Logo, Crest of the canton I live in) 

F280C518-D557-4120-91DD-7A59B7AFAC1E_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.24efa7c5bad155937bcebec93811ab50.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Kevin Myhre said:

I know this is an old post but do you mind if I post this pattern to the imperial gunners forum?  A lot of people are looking for a pattern for the bib/pauldron they wear

No issues with sharing, it's done the rounds more than a few times ;) 

I did find I needed to extend the length a little for the gunner as it was just a little short. 

A thread on the original pauldrons you may find of interest