Another OT Aberration

vicsouders

I don't think I'll be buying the HD version myself. It's like watching movies such as IT, Top Gun, Silence of the Lambs, etc. in HD... Their grainy textures are what make them awesome. That and pulling out the good ol' VHS. Remember having to rewind videos people?!

Confirmed! :angry2:

Vader's scream confirmed. http://artsbeat.blog...rn-of-the-jedi/

On Wednesday, a press representative for Lucasfilm confirmed that this change will be included in the Blu-ray release, writing in an e-mail: “Yes — Darth says NO.”
Edited by bobojuice

Wow….. how would of thought that memory was so fragile:

George Lucas addressing Congress in 1988, to protest the then-popular trend of colorizing old black-and-white movies:

People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself.