How far can backpacks deviate for EIB?

I'm building toward EIB, but had an idea for something I haven't seen on any pack. It would not by any means be 'cannon'.

I'm still building my armor and still have several components to get. I would only like to have to worry about one pack instead of either borrowing one for official pictures (if allowed) or getting a second.

Yes...I'm trying to do as much planning as I can.

Thanks!

Bummer..... I was thinking about trying to carry two weapons (three in the long run). I would have had a T21 in my hands. On one side of the pack would be a bazooka, and the other side a RT-97C (http://starwars.wiki...y_blaster_rifle). The RT-97C could be switched out and the T-21 put in it's place. The bazooka would come off also.

500?cb=20151106045513

I'm going for a Heavy Weapons Trooper so I wanted to carry plenty of heavy weapons. T21 for standard fighting, RT-97C for long distance sniping (b/c of special scopes), and the bazooka for vehicles. Bring on the rebels!!!!! :P

Ok...plan for the standard HWT pack for the moment. Maybe the above (long term) for non-cannon events.

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

That's certainly OK. If you want the HWT your choices are pretty much replica off the game or else we use the same standards as MEPD for packs. If you want something else entirely, then this is fine for informal events/troops, just like any other unapproved accessory like blue pauldrons, etc.

I'm building toward EIB, but had an idea for something I haven't seen on any pack. It would not by any means be 'cannon'.

I'm still building my armor and still have several components to get. I would only like to have to worry about one pack instead of either borrowing one for official pictures (if allowed) or getting a second.

Yes...I'm trying to do as much planning as I can.

Thanks!

Do It!!!!!! go for it! Granted u will need one thats up to specs, but theres no rule that u cant make another/or more, pack u want for none-cannon events.

Edit: hahah didnt read that Paul already said this........

Edited by TK-2126_MD

• 11 months later...

So if I were to do what I am planning on doing, which is building a video game HWT pack and adding S-hooks on the side to mount my MiniMag, while carrying my DLT-19, am I eligible for EIB status? S-Hooks are such a small detail, and I didn't read anywhere in class II or III status on the CRL about functionality. I am planning on keeping my launcher on the side of the pack, similar to a ghostbuster proton pack wand.

Maybe go for EIB first and modify the pack later? Or make them detachable... with inconspicous attachment points.

I was planning on making it detachable with small ring and S-hooks. Maybe I'll do it after I get status. I'm going to need to be creative with my backpack though. This launcher I've build weighs in at about 10lbs.

You could hide your S-hooks in compartments on the sides.

Check this out:

-----------

The squarish bit at the bottom end (on the side facing us). That looks like it could pop open, you could have your S-hhok fold out of there. Then there's no deviation from the onscreen ones. Best of both worlds.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed