My HDPE helmet

easily one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen. Thanks for your pics and info, Armando. They (you) are a fantastic resource!

Thanks a lot Scott for your Kind words :duim: . I am glad you find usefull the mini-tutorial. Hey post pictures of your helmet whenever you get it done .

What brand of white are you retouching that with?

I used White Krylon fusion(gloss), the same one I used to spray the helmet base color. I just applied some of the paint in a tuperware cup then with a thing brush I retouched the edges. You have to be quick and keep the paint on the tuperwate cup wet, otherwise the paint will dry pretty quick.

Cheers

A

Ok cool, thanks for the info. There are a few spots I need to touch up on mine as well. That is one awesome paint job on that helmet :)

You are welcome Johnny. Thanks again for your kind words, I am glad you like it. If you have more questions please let me know. I will be happy to help :)

Cheers

A

BTW, do you live in the bay area?

• 3 weeks later...
easily one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen. Thanks for your pics and info, Armando. They (you) are a fantastic resource!

I have to agree with this. I saw this and had to sign up. Very inspiring. With this finish could you use this lid to troop? Does the colour of the helmet match with armour. I know they were slightly different in the film but I'm just wondering. I have seen threads in connection with spraying the whole armour.

I have to agree with this. I saw this and had to sign up. Very inspiring. With this finish could you use this lid to troop? Does the colour of the helmet match with armour. I know they were slightly different in the film but I'm just wondering. I have seen threads in connection with spraying the whole armour.

Thanks a lot for your kind words :D , I am glad you liked it and signed up after you saw it, I put a lot of time on my lid and I am very happy with the final results.

Regarding your questions...yes you can use this bucket to troop, it may chip off in time like the originals ones but it is perfectly suitable for trooping.

The originals color helmets were a bit off from the armors, they were close but not identical, actually you can see that in some captures from the movies...I believe the only ones that matched in color the armor were the hero helmets since they were made of ABS plastic like the armors, the stunts were made of HDPE so they had to be spray painted in white to mach the white ABS color. I hope this answer your questions.

Cheers

A

millenniumfalcon_duke_anh1080p_troo.png

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin,

Thanks a lot for the kind words. That makes me a happy man and encourages me to do it even better for my next bucket :duim:

I got one more picture for all of you. I changed the welder visor for a more acurate one(green acetate)...

Cheers

AHDPE_stormtrooper_ANH003.jpg

• 2 months later...

After a lot of thinking I am considering the posibility of addding some chips to the helmet. I took recently a 360 photoshoot to study where I would apply those changes. Still not sure about it, what do you think?

In the meantime this is the file I am using for that project.

Cheers

A

stormtrooperANH_study.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi,

can I ask who did the original casting and are the kits still available for sale?

Mark B)

Sorry guys I have been away for a while. I just moved and I am almost fully installed in my new place.

Oh well after a lot of thinking I have to say you guys are right. It is better to get a new lid and mess around with itinsted to go futher away with my actual HDPE. I got already a new one but now I need to find myself some time :) to make it happened. probably next one will be ESB, I will see.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback and your kind words.

By the way I am not the maker of this lid, I just got it from TE and painted it myself but I do not cast helmets. Sorry Mark, still you can contact TE. He is around this forum from times to times.

Cheers

A

• 1 month later...