To Caulk or Not to Caulk?

n0c00lgamertag

I am basically done with my build other than tweaking the straps and such for that just so perfect fit, and was wondering if anyone has ever caulked all of the finishing strips or any other areas before? I did caulk some on my helmet, around the ears and such. Will it hold up and, are the strips supposed to be clean on the edges or is caulk acceptable?

I personally would not caulk the strips (or anything else) simply because the original suits did not. I prefer the rugged look of the original suits and don't try to make my suit overly clean, I'd rather have it as natural as possible without any extra finishing touches.

I'm sure just about everyone here has thought the same thing as you. I know I have but the thing to think of is on camera, they give you the idea that everything is perfect where as everyone will tell you since these things were being so rushed and just getting pumped out to put on screen, mistakes are just a part of the suit. So if you make a little mistake, try and tell yourself that its most likely as good as what they did on the originals which is true.

I wouldnt caulk the body armor seams but i have used caulk to fill in ear gaps. Polyseamseal make a gloss white that matches pretty good with no need to paint over it.