My old "Dave M" Helmet Resurfaces (Pics)

Well,

was absent for quite a few months folks (hi everyone!).

Back again as yesterday, I finally found (after 5 long years) my original and most loved screen cast helmet, originally made for me by Dave M (I think).

I never liked the guy - also a bad dealer - but his work was top notch.

Here's a few images of it.

The white paint has turned into a sort of creme color. The lid has been kept into a plastic black bag for all of this time, in a tower I have in one of my houses (here's why I never knew I still had it; I had moved from a flat to another house 5 years ago and after the move, I thought it had gotten lost).

It is heavy, extremely sturdy - hard, thick plastic - and feels superb. It's the best looking and feeling helmet I ever had (and I have quite a few now).

Such sharp details that they may cut through your skin!

Thanks,

Fil ;)

6074024900_86ffab977e_b.jpg

E18G6614 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

6073485731_f7b836ed21_b.jpg

E18G6616 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

6073486299_6950ebb0cd_b.jpg

E18G6619 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

6073486957_815ff4d10a_b.jpg

E18G6621 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

6074027192_40c4828dac_b.jpg

E18G6622 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

6073487871_a714011840_b.jpg

E18G6624 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

love that helmet. Which one is this molded after?

Good question. I think it's the same one that was Matt's. Confusing and difficult story, of which I never really got a clue about.

Basically, TE sold the molds to this guy and someone else (I think). This was the result. It was also "relic'd" rather properly after some screen used helmet (maybe the same one).

To me, it really looks like a real HDPE one. I don't think this plastic is HDPE

Sounds like it is a CRProps helmet made by Dave G.

Looks awesome :duim:

You're right! Dave G, that was. Not Dave M lol (who the heck is Dave M lol).

Yes, CRProps. That was it. Lousy mind. Gotten old... ;)

(thank you!)

EDIT Damn Paul, it's you!!! Hi matey!

Edited by SoloDallas

Good question. I think it's the same one that was Matt's. Confusing and difficult story, of which I never really got a clue about.

Basically, TE sold the molds to this guy and someone else (I think). This was the result. It was also "relic'd" rather properly after some screen used helmet (maybe the same one).

To me, it really looks like a real HDPE one. I don't think this plastic is HDPE

Confusing is an understatement, never the less this is an awesome helmet. Really dig the weathering. How many helmets are you up too?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confusing is an understatement, never the less this is an awesome helmet. Really dig the weathering. How many helmets are you up too?

I agree-- the weathering looks awesome and realistic!

• 4 years later...

Fil,

WOW, I cant believe it, There She is in all her glory...

I came across your photos kinda accidentally while I was explaining to a co-worker about how I use to make Stormtrooper Helmets WAY Back in the Day..

The Helmet still looks AMAZING.. Not sure if you still have it or not, but it IS the one and ONLY ONE I ever did up like that EVER.. I actually wish I still had it..

Fantastic seeing it again, as it brings back some GREAT memories even after all these Many, Many Years...  :) 

Sure glad you took the time to post these photos back when you did and that I was actually lucky enough to stumble on them now as I almost forgot about that particular one..

Take Care,

Dave/CRPROPS