kashyyyk stormtrooper 501st markings variant?

dashrazor

i just found this interesting clone/TK hybrid photo from The Force Unleashed PSP version.. im going to have to locate some better screens but it looks pretty cool with the blue 501st markings and some have a backpack and pauldron/ammo pouches . the graphics aren't very good on the PSP but examining these screenshots it seems to be a mix of the TKC,HWT and kashyyyk stormtroopers

Y83gvXe.jpg

Maybe call it a Kashyyyk Shock Trooper. Since it looks like there are many of them in one location as opposed to only one TKC per squad.

Agreed. Given that they have 501st markings they were probably the elite unit at the time and Vader's Fist after all. There are Kashyyk Stormtroopers that have regular stormtrooper armor with the Kashyyk helmet.

Let's presume the back story that the regular stormtroopers get the full new body armor, but the 501st being a rowdy bunch and perhaps allowed a greater degree of freedom as elite troopers are wont to do, kept some of their original clone armor as they were loathe to lose their unit markings.

The Kashyyk TK is the first post-EPIII armor to lose them.

And I would presume that's why TK Commanders are commanders only - the last of the last to give up their beloved 501st unit markings even after the swtich to OT armor.

looks like there is a packless and pauldronless vertion of it.

was thinking that it'd be cool to do both version. both packless/pauldronless and pack/pauldron versions

maybe kashyyyk commander and Kashyyyk shock trooper? ;)

Tecnnically we do, though they are considered variations of the same costume. In that case the differences are minor - color of pauldron, pack details, pouch placement, etc.

When it's full kit vs. no kit then we do tend to create a separate costume label, e.g. Stormtrooper - ANH Stunt vs. Heavy Weapons Trooper, Nova Trooper vs. Nova Elite, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I think once we get some better screen shots and can make a CRL. I think it would be awesome to bring this to life.

working on that boss ;) i just got the PSP version of the game and will start the screen-grabs as soon as i can figure out how to do it best.. my old PSP does not have video output like the newer ones so ill need to get creative :P

• 7 years later...
21 minutes ago, Sev808 said:

Bringing this back to life but has anyone actually done one of these troopers???

There isn't a CRL for this so I nobody has sought approval for the character, here's some info for new to the legion costumes: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2011 at 4:27 PM, dashrazor said:

i just found this interesting clone/TK hybrid photo from The Force Unleashed PSP version.. im going to have to locate some better screens but it looks pretty cool with the blue 501st markings and some have a backpack and pauldron/ammo pouches . the graphics aren't very good on the PSP but examining these screenshots it seems to be a mix of the TKC,HWT and kashyyyk stormtroopers

Y83gvXe.jpg

I think those are supposed to be triton squad members, there's a wiki on them on fathom. the one with the pauldron is called the second commander in the wiki