Paint dimensions

Turtle84

I was wondering about the dimensions of the stripes, and even the white space in between the paint (boots, chest piece) and wanted to know if anyone had some rough dimensions. I don't want to have the stripes be too thin or too thick and therefore have it look off.

here are some rough guesstimates i made on the dimensions.. hope this helps.. but the "exact" measurements are not critical as long as it looks similar to the screen-caps and the paint job is consistent.. a lot just needs to be eyeballed ;)

chest (measurements are roughly the same on the back)

e.
tkcmes.jpg.3a42fd64854b9b3c0cec226c90ac167a.jpg

tkcmes2.jpg.5724fff715f06544bbdfd39330d23fde.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Well, well, well… I was having the project of making a TKC armor because I was able to find a one piece kidney/butt plate but I just saw the differences in the thighs!! I'm a bit confused now. My starting would have been an AP armor but I'm less sure now!

I also noticed that the u-shaped white rubber trim has not been places around the armor. So, finally, the description on the 501st web site is a bit different.

Which indications should I follow now?!

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well… I was having the project of making a TKC armor because I was able to find a one piece kidney/butt plate but I just saw the differences in the thighs!! I'm a bit confused now. My starting would have been an AP armor but I'm less sure now!

I also noticed that the u-shaped white rubber trim has not been places around the armor. So, finally, the description on the 501st web site is a bit different.

Which indications should I follow now?!

Sorry, what differences in the thighs do you mean? The only error in the CRL I know of is the drop box color, which should be white, and the LMO is aware of and should fix.

Talk to your GML. The CRL isn't accurate to the actual TKC model in The Force Unleashed. My GML cleared me because I gave him comprehensive close ups of the game model, and he eventually said I was accurate enough to the actual source material to warrant approval, and I've sent an email to the LMOs.<br><br>

The TKC is for the most part just an ANH Trooper with a paint job.

Talk to your GML. The CRL isn't accurate to the actual TKC model in The Force Unleashed. My GML cleared me because I gave him comprehensive close ups of the game model, and he eventually said I was accurate enough to the actual source material to warrant approval, and I've sent an email to the LMOs.<br><br>

The TKC is for the most part just an ANH Trooper with a paint job.

Cameron - can you be more specific? We actually did base this off the game screen caps, so if there are any inaccuracies with the CRL I'd like to know what we missed. The TKC has some ROTJ type details that are not specific to the ANH, so while it's similar it's inaccurate to say that it's just a painted ANH. It's more correct to say ROTJ body with an ANH helmet, IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...