AP BUILD[*AP]

Hi all,

After an impatient wait two out of three box's of white bits turned up today.Helmet in one arms and legs in the other.

Im starting with the lid though i have cut out one of the thighs already.Im using the score and snap method no dremal not yet anyways.Heres where im at.

P8170058.jpg

P8170059.jpg

I've painted the inside with matt black fiddly bits.

P8170060.jpg

This is my 1st AP build.Your advice is most welcome.

Edited by DudeSidious

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice start! I used score and snap on just about all of my armor, but I did find the dremel useful, particularly when putting the finishing touches on the ears.

The only thing that stands out to me is that it looks like you could trim a little more around the eye openings. It looks like there's a return edge/lip left in there, and I don't think you need that. I'm new to the game, though (heck, I haven't even finished my helmet yet!), so please wait for an expert to chime in! :)

Im not to sure about the eyes ,Im going to research the abit more before I trim any more.

Question time.

The hole marks on the two halfs of the helmet.Do you drill these or mark your own?

Because when i have the premarked holes lined up the brow is very low.Or do I cut the brow to fit?

Im not to sure about the eyes ,Im going to research the abit more before I trim any more.

Question time.

The hole marks on the two halfs of the helmet.Do you drill these or mark your own?

Because when i have the premarked holes lined up the brow is very low.Or do I cut the brow to fit?

you should always do tests fittings, drilling, cutting ,etc with the brow on. That way when you assemble it won't look different.

ok I drilled the marked holes with the brow in place and it does fit better.

P8180060.jpg

but now ive noticed the ear maybe to close to the tear and the bottom law line maybe to short.

what do think?

P8180056.jpg

Edited by DudeSidious

I haven't trimmed the neck line, but i might do it. I didn't have any trouble taking it on before i installed the rubber neck trim but now it's quite snug, but i can take it on and off. Depending on how much you want to remove, consider sanding as much as you can, it will be harder to make mistakes but takes some time.

Also, how do you take your helmet on?

Edited by 1mpulseS0D

I haven't trimmed the neck line, but i might do it. I didn't have any trouble taking it on before i installed the rubber neck trim but now it's quite snug, but i can take it on and off. Depending on how much you want to remove, consider sanding as much as you can, it will be harder to make mistakes but takes some time.

Also, how do you take your helmet on?

I put it on side ways then turn it.

Today it took me all freaking day to finnish both ears and do a slight adjustment to the cap and the face plate.Over all I'm happy with the results.As you can see I gained a bit more space between the ducts and the ears and gained at lower jaw line to.But doing this has lowerd the brow.The good news is now I can get my head in without ripping my ears off.

P8190061.jpg

P8190059.jpg

P8190060.jpg

I've put on all of the decals and just have to paint the ears and chin.

*pictures*

I've reduced the flare in the right eye by just adding pressure with my fingers.

*picture*

Looking awesome! Did you use Dave M decals or the AP decals?