Rego's Incinerator (pic heavy)

Here is,as promised in my introduction thread, my INCINERATOR thread.

THIS is how everything started:

CooleJungs.jpg

But after some troops in my Stormtrooper costume, I decided to go for a INCINERATOR and started to mask off the required areas,so i could spray paint the patterns on the armor parts, Here are some of my WIP pictures:

2011-07-16190437.jpg

2011-07-17140001.jpg

2011-07-15110811.jpg

And here,after finishing the paint job, the fully painted costume:

DSCI0255.jpg

2011-07-17143555.jpg

And here a few pictures of last weekend's outdoor photo shooting:

2011-08-05191614.jpg

2011-08-05190858.jpg

2011-08-05190505.jpg

And on the following picture, you can see the obvious things that need to be changed:

2011-08-05191321.jpg

So, things that obviously need to be changed are:

- my black pauldron has to be changed for a red one

- no thigh pouches but the "sandtrooper pouches" on the left shoulder ( ordered yesterday)

- there is a tiny black stripe on my belt on the pictures. It was a stripe of sticky velcro, which i have removed after the pictures were taken.

- the buttons on the torso plate need to be inverted

- the drop boxes must be grey ( I painted them grey and re-arranged them after the pictures were taken)

So, constructive critics and comments are very welcome and i hope to be one the new Incinerator troopers, soon... ;)

Axel

Great work! The EU TK's are really taking off around here. Keep posting pics of your progress so we can keep growing EU trooper knowledge on the forum. Maybe do a build thread if you make a go of the flamethrower?

It's coming along great! I think tapering the left thigh a bit will enhance the look. As for the thigh pouch - while it will need to be removed for acceptance pictures it's a neat piece for non-canon events. :)

I'd say go for the door trim while you're at it - Mason found a very cheap source and would add that extra flair of accuracy for little investment. Might as well if you're going to invert the ab plate :salute:

Thanks everyone! Your comments really push me forward. :smiley-sw013:

Mason, thanks for your illustration. ;)

Most of the things, you suggested, have already been done in the last 2 days. Pictures will follow soon...

• 1 month later...

6162272334_f44d192a70.jpg

Here you can see all the updates on my INCINERATOR:

- I removed the thigh pouches and added the ammo pouches on my shoulder

- the pauldron has been replaced by a RED one now

- I also modified the belt. The outer edges have been cut to make the belt look better (and make it more comfortabel ;) )

- drop boxes have been painted GREY

Axel

Great work !

But it still needs a little update : you have to invert the ab button plate. The buttons have to draw a " _| "

Please, take more detailed pics ;)

Can't wait to see it completely done dude !

• 4 months later...

You did a good job dude !

I just see some little things that might not disturb your acceptance but can make your ICN greater :

- Fix your left shoulder bell with a strip around the biceps to avoid the ammo pouch pushing it to the rear. (I know this is not asked in the CRL but I had to do it for mine too to be able to get my Centurion status)

- Change the color of the pauldron : in the game, the pauldron is lighter than the red stripes, yours is darker.

You see, they are just little details, that are not difficult to do ;)

Good job anyway !

Steve

Thanks Steve! As I told you, you have allways been a great help on my way to my Incinerator Trooper.

It's stated in the CRL for the ICN that the pauldron must be just RED for Legion membership. I couldnt find a lighter pauldron so I spray-painted it with a red leather paint. The special leather paint keeps the pauldron leather smooth and flexible and doesn't "break" and chip when moving.

Edit: membership application is on its way! *crossing fingers*

Edited by Rego

Thanks! In the beginning, when I started the Stormtrooper project, there was no intention to become a member of the 501st Legion. It was just a "fun project". So, the decision to finally go for a "Incinerator Trooper" wasn't so hard to make. And yes, I was a little nervous when i pushed the button of my red spray can for the first time ;) And I know now, that i made the right decision. I love my ICN! ;)

Your build looks great. Love the red,it really looks striking. I know what you mean about pressing that spray nozzle for the first time, hoping your doing the right thing. Again great build can't wait to see your rifle.

Thank you and thanks to everyone else. I'm still waiting for my "approval message" and my TK ID. So keep crossing your fingers for me.

I will do a flamethrower,yes. But the weapon threads are full of completely built flamethrowers. What i need is a "HOW TO build your own Plasma rifle" Thread or a Sale thread. So, if anyone can help, please let me know. ;)

• 3 weeks later...