weather stripping for edge

3/16 is way to short for accurate trim. Try looking for 3/8 or as close to 10mm as possible.

I found a UK supplier for gloss but it was slightly undersize at 8mm.

Paul, 3/16" is the estimated inner dimensions (its actually a bit larger), the outer dimensions are just a hair over 3/8" close to 7/16"

DSCN11981.jpg

id go with 30 ft. you'll have some extra in case you make a mistake. and yes you can get some from fenix props but it is much more expensive and ships from Argentina

Mason,

That looks like a winner to me :duim:

Is it gloss PVC edging?

yep, and its really super durable and conforms to the armor very nicely ;)

here is the profile and actual inside measurements (the 3/16" is only the open center gap, the actual total overlap is about 1/4")

DSCN11991.jpg

DSCN11991-1.jpg

I see what you mean now about the inside measurement and that is just fine. It's the outside that needs to look bigger and it does, so I would say this should be perfectly good stuff to use for any ROTJ armour.

If it does not conform to the armour in certain areas, I believe a bit of gentle heat with an air gun or hair dryer should persued it :)

How off white is the off white stuff? With the CFO kit(as I understandit) being slightly off white itself, wold it not work? Besides, if or when I start my build I'd want to 'grubby' it up anyway.

The only white stuff I was able to find(and honestly I've only started researching) was that textured stuff-waay wrong.

30 ft of the Bayliner stuff shipped internationally works out at $ 80.01.

The shipping constitutes $ 50.31 of that which is really not bad at all. It seems like a lot when compared to the value of the goods but considering the sheer bulk of it, it's a decent deal. I don't think it's much more the net costs of what they pay at USPS.

It looks good, gets the seal (no pun intended) of approval from Paul and Mason. It's an important detail and 57.52 euros or 50 quid is an OK price to pay in the scheme of things, so I ordered mine direct.

Thanks for the link, Mason. I thought this was going to prove more of a headache than it did.