symbols on armor

hey guys. I've been seeing some strange decales on armor lately. Ushaully on the shoulder. It appears to be the Empire symbol and what i think is "501st" written next to it. there is a picture of it in the attachtment, but it isnt great quality. Second, I've seen people making custom pualdrons that look pretty cool. I was wondering if its 501st appropreate to have pualdrons that may have your detachment symbol or your garrison symbol. Would it be okay to troop with those on or could u only do it on non-trooping trips. Thanks guys.

Bob.

lRibBZV.jpg

Firstly, you should only have a pauldron if you're a TD (sandtrooper) or a HWT (heavy weapons trooper) or one of the EU derivatives. Personally, I'm not keen on pauldrons for TK's as that's not in the films, but to each their own.

In regards to decals or personalized gear, it's a garrison to garrison policy. In my garrison, there's a policy of "decorate as you like" for non canon events, but for canon events like LFL or hospital visits, etc. it's formal only.

the one pictured is the ukg logo in aurabesh with the cog, i think it was introduced so you

were able to identify a ukg trooper from non members ( joe public in armour ) easier job for spotters also.

What he said.

Its also the only symbol allowed on 501st TK's by LFL at official LFL events.

Possibly due to its sublty, more likley its overlooked due to their proffesionalism.

In the NEG we do not generally allow any non-canon markings on armor, unless it is an event where it is specifically declared ok. For example, many of our troops often decorate their suits for the Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade. I've never been a fan of that myself, but the garrison allows it for that event.

Is UKG the only garrison that does this?

The subtle use of an imperial cog and the Aurebesh?

Yes.

Other garrisons/squads/outposts sometimes have larger , almost patch like designs they add to their shoulder bells/pauldrons for non canon events.

What seperates the UKG is that they wear theirs at all times as they do not differentiate events. To the UKG ALL events are treated as canon events. B)

I believe it's more or less accepted that the UKG is a special case within the 501st Legion, and it's pattern is not encouraged or santioned to be replicated elsewhere. IMHO & from my POV, it's one of many items that are simply grandfathered in, just like older detachments don't need to use the word "detachment" in their name though new ones do. Also - again me personally here - I think having some of these older traditions adds character to the Legion. If everyone did the same it would no longer be special and a source of esprit de corp for the unit that started it.

EDIT: fixed typo

On 8/3/2011 at 5:29 AM, Daetrin said:

I believe it's more or less accepted that the UKG is a special case within the 501st Legion, and it's pattern is not encouraged or santioned to be replicated elsewhere. IMHO & from my POV, it's one of many items that are simply grandfathered in, just like older detachments don't need to use the word "detachment" in their name though new ones do. Also - again me personally here - I think having some of these older traditions adds character to the Legion. If everyone did the same it would no longer be special and a source of esprit de corp or the unit that started it.

TZPWJIb.jpg