Very tall and skinny.... advice?

OK, I'm 6'4" and 165lbs. I have a hard enough time finding clothes to fit... is armor going to be impossible? Hoping there are some other skinny guys that have done a build that can share some advice. Any recommendations or things I should stay away from?

Am I going to look really dumb around other troops?

Hey Jim, I'm also 6'4" but 210 lbs. I have the AM kit which I like. A lot had to be trimmed off but perhaps if you have someone in your area that has an armor party can help you out. Also perhaps someone here with a similar build can assist you. 2 things though; you'll always hear "aren't you too tall to be stormtrooper?" (people think they're original and that I've never heard that before) and you can rarely stand next to Vader. Of course depends on how tall your Vader is. Good luck!

I'm 6'5" but 240 and I just ordered a kit from Rob of RT-MOD. His armor is made for taller and bigger troopers. All of his parts have a little extra length to them. I'm fairly long in the torso and his ab section is the only one that will fit me. If you're long legged RT can make longer thighs and shins for you if you fear large swaths of black undersuit showing (as I do) You may spend way more time trimming your armor to fit your skinny limbs but you'll be happy to have the length.

RT-MOD is a fan sculpt and not screen accurate but who cares if its fits? :)

I would check with your local garrison if you haven't already. There may be a trooper who owns a set of RT-MOD you can go check out.

Aloha,

-Eric

On 7/26/2011 at 10:38 AM, PCK said:

OK, I'm 6'4" and 165lbs. I have a hard enough time finding clothes to fit... is armor going to be impossible? Hoping there are some other skinny guys that have done a build that can share some advice. Any recommendations or things I should stay away from?

Am I going to look really dumb around other troops?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I've posted this before but it helps you with your question too so here's a copy and paste:

At 6'4" AM or RT-Mod would be a great fit for you. I'm a skinny 6'2" and it's sized great for me with trimming for skinny limbs.

Check out my "Why I chose AM thread--------- for a detailed examination. You can also see pics of the kit out of the box with a review in my unboxing thread----------

AM is definitely that little bit longer in the limbs which can help reduce visible black areas. If you have saved up a good budget get an AM lite and spend for a good TM or TE2 helmet.

You could also get RT-Mod as it is even larger scaled for very tall/large troopers but it's a little more work for a first build and while it is generally considered a little more accurate than AM it can be a longer wait as it tends to be made if and when he has time. AM on the other is widely available (in fact I believe MightyTank is offering some kits in the For Sale threads right now.

It depends how long you can wait!

Of course on the other hand you'd make an ideal Vader or even a Chewie!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the advice, I'll limit my search to AM and RT-Mod. My concern when i hear something fits 'bigger' troopers is that it it going to be wider, and the last thing I want is to look like the kid in his dads suit. I'm still reading and learning exactly what can be done with proper trimming, hopefully I can customize something that looks good.

Yeah, Vader or Chewie would probably make more sense for my body type, in fact I could probably be a fantastic C3PO, but they just don't have the same appeal to me. :blush:

Ah, the tall trooper syndrome. At 6-03 myself, I feel your pain. That's one of the reasons why I don't wear my TK too often anymore... I just don't like the way I look in it. Besides, with the TS and TB, at least I can sit and be comfy at a troop! :-)

Plus, I don't have to worry about being as tall as Vader in pics; I can just kneel down. Good luck, and hope you find something that works for you!