New EFX ANH Hero TK Helmet "LEGENDS EDITION" announced

It's funny that fans can consistently vac form helmets in ABS but massive wealthy companies cannot! You just need to use the same batch of plastic for the whole run and then time the heating of the plastic to the second.

Not rocket science really....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Would this be 501st approved?

Yes, probably. And also about 5x more expensive than any other 501st approved helmet.

Btw, we sill haven't heard anything new about this helmet for many months. So don't get your hopes up.

When I ordered my stormtrooper efx helmet a month ago I talked with bryan. Here is his exact quote from email " The Hero version is still in development. As you probably know, it is very difficult to make a production run of helmets versus the 6 Hero they made for the film! Hopefully we will have an update shortly."

• 4 months later...

fiberglass molding externally off the original will cause the master to be warped due to heat emission from the frp resin solidifying. tbh, I would prefer using clay then vac forming. it's not funny to troop in a fibefglass TK. destroying the master would be destroying the holygrail. just my 2cents.

There are 2 versions of the EFX hero helmet.  glass and formed ABS

I want the ABS formed version.

done deal.

With the current info you just get the ABS version if you buy the whole armour.

Otherwise if you want to buy just the helmet you just can get the fiberglas version.

BUT:

Let's wait till it's written finaly on the efx site, and i think that will take some more time.

I am willing to bet that if I want a hero ABS from efx that they will sell one to me.

MTFBWY

Oh... not know that you are a special customer from efx.

Sorry but that just sounds like you are a pork sausage.

Edited by Turrican

i am not special... I just believe that if enough people ask, then they will offer the product.

there are many people who can put interest in a project like that.

thanks for the negative waves there buddy, yet that will not stop those of us who simply ask GINO and efx to help out, and my

bet is that if enough people ask for a product it will happen.

Ok that was your point.

Sorry but it just had sound a little bit arrogant and i not had know what you are driving at.

So sure give it a try, but i think it's more a marketing thing to offer this two versions, not a matter of a request of some few fans.There are many collectors outside which would buy this "only" as a fiberglas version.

I also only would catch the ABS version if i get the chance for it.

The fiberglas version is for me , from my view out of a prop collector worthless .As it's not the screen used material , also it's painted and not out of seperate pieces ( ok the ears maybe,yippy ) .

LOL I guess being so positive may be arrogant after all !!!

::waves hand:: " EFX Will sell ABS hero helmets, there is no try, only DO!"

maybe that will work, as long as he doesn't fly and carry a chance cube.

RTwatto.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392
  • Like 1

At SDCC Gino let me hold and examine the helmet they had w/ the prop suit. It was hips, so the ABS version may lose some details. If they are using the same bucks then I think you guys will be happy w/ the final product, it will come down to production and whether that waters down the finished helmet. I really enjoyed seeing what real bubble lenses look like. I personally do not care for the hero lid, but I can still appreciate it! As for the pill detail, I did not have time to examine every detail, I will have to check my pics. If I am remembering correctly though I believe the individual helmet was to be glassed, now that I think about it. I guess we will have to wait and see

A major factor is most likely the type and cost of the licensing.

• 1 year later...