Almost scratch-built pipe E11

Thanks Martin! It's amazing the difference a good quality paint finish makes. I'm almost done now. Just a few more bits to add.

I was looking at this picture and thinking about the fact that these ANH E11's shot blank rounds to get the muzzle flash.

anhsingl6.jpg

Then I saw something I've not noticed before in this famous lobby card image - see the ejected brass shell at bottom left!!

Nice weapon!!!!! I don't mean to sound too critical or nit picky, but I thought the scope rail was supposed to insert into the last barrel hole on top not get screwed into the top of the pipe?

Nice weapon!!!!! I don't mean to sound too critical or nit picky, but I thought the scope rail was supposed to insert into the last barrel hole on top not get screwed into the top of the pipe?

Not a problem Gazmosis - you're quite right. I had to bolt it when the pipe split between two holes, and needed reinforcing. it does still clip into the barrel hole too, and the steel rail was a complete bugger to bend by hand. lol.

Pic update! I've been concentrating on all the little details I wanted to add...

First, bayonet lug.

E11_11081302.jpg

Here's the fire selector, and (just visible) mag detailing.

E11_11081303.jpg

The components of the D ring and housing.

E11_11081305.jpg

"D-ring assemble!".. The four small nails aren't strictly canon, lol, but I didn't want to rely on glue alone.

E11_11081304.jpg

This was hard to photograph - but it's the Empire roundel which will sit on the grip. I've yet to re-do the grip pattern.

E11_11081301.jpg

That's it for now!

• 2 weeks later...

It's finished!! There are still some changes to be made - but I'm happy to leave them as is for a while.

The grip pattern turned out OK - I couldn't find and appropriate mesh, so I pressed a roughing file into the milliput, and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. Later, I'll drill out the scope lenses - I've got some glass ones to go in.

E11_11090701.jpg

E11_11090702.jpg

E11_11090703.jpg

E11_11090704.jpg