ANH Stunt and Hero eyes reference pix

Hey all, here are some original ANH Stunt and Hero eyes reference pix/collages to help anyone to eyeball their lid to look like the originals :smiley-sw013:

As you can see the eye trimming does vary from lid to lid and none were perfect.

Hope they help! :)

HERO:

Heroeyesanh.jpg

heroeyesanh2-1.jpg

STUNT:

anhstunttkeyes1.jpg

anhstunteyes3.jpg

anhstunttkeyes.jpg

anhstunttkeyes4.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/23/2011 at 4:51 AM, dashrazor said:

Tom, you are a machine :blink: i always suspected you were a droid but now i know :P

Which one?? :lol:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hero is a term used for anything that is the best quality item used for up close camera work.

stunt are all suits used to run, jump fall and be far from the camera where you aren't worried about details not showing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Ok

Stunt - normal Trooper you can see all through the movie running around shooting like maniacs not killing anybody.

Hero - Luke and Han dressing up as trooper shooting like maniacs aswell killing alot especially the command desk in the cell block

Not stunt doubles or stuntmen

• Like 1

It's actually called stunt and hero because the terms are common in the prop industry as terms for a "sloppy" version and a "nice" version. Hero versions are for close ups and stunt is for background usage. Or in case of guns for example, a stunt gun can be made from rubber and tossed around like it's nothing. A hero gun would be a real gun used for shooting blanks for example.

It just happens to be that most people like the stunt look more so it's a more common version to replicate. The stunt helmets were made in a larger quantity and made from a cheaper plastic and painted white, whereas the hero helmets were made from nice white ABS plastic and did not need to be painted.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On alot of the pics you can see a small warp on the left eye as your looking at the lid, is that acceptable?

Yes indeed! In fact, the 'eye' bump is often included in many helmets that you can get. While it came from a fault during the manufacture, it has now become part of the 'stunt' look, so if you're doing a Stunt Trooper, be sure to leave it there! The face just looks *weird* without it!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Will someone please confirm my question? So the ANH HERO has to have bubble lens? I ordered ANH HERO from WTF and I received flat lenses. I got a really bed feeling about this...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Per the CRL, for basic approval for Hero you are ok with flat lenses: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

If you are going for EIB or Centurion (which you should!), you're going to need bubble ones. I believe there are a few threads on the forum as to where to acquire them!

Per the CRL, for basic approval for Hero you are ok with flat lenses: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

If you are going for EIB or Centurion (which you should!), you're going to need bubble ones. I believe there are a few threads on the forum as to where to acquire them!
Thank you for your quick response, yeah I have contacted 2 suppliers. Absolutely going for Centurion and got to get bubble now, really disappointed in myself for missing this information during my research before of 3 years before ordering my armour and receiving my BBB. Started trimming a few and ready to dremel bucket and ran across that information and was double checking what I understand that I have received the wrong lenses, sure that was my request for flat, so that is my error. Again thank you for troopers helping troopers !!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Wow! I did a rough cut of my AP helmet eyes yesterday with a dremmel and was worried how the eye holes were not as smooth as I would like them.  Then I looked at the stunt eyes in this link and feel a lot better about the job I did on mine.

0e374700b625a99d6b1ef738464855c4.jpg