Doopydoos all resin E-11 build

Did it!

Except i just made one out of a piece of wood. Took me less time than it would have taken to cut down the screwdriver bit.

Ā 

Comparison:

FADuQ.jpg

Ā 

Drilled a hole:

FTAhy.jpg

Ā 

Fitted it:

4IBwq.jpg

1krFB.jpg

EeNTP.jpg

Ā 

Painted it:

EyHvQ.jpg

mCAur.jpg

8yGO5.jpg

Ā 

Voila!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot!

Bought the bronze resin M19 scope from Tk-4702, had it drilled out and got a lens from TK-8505 that I'll fit. Gonna make it look as real as I can, and post pics when I'm done. Basically all it needs is a paintjob.

th_PC220121.jpgth_PC220120.jpgth_PC220119.jpgth_PC220118.jpg

Ā 

I applied what I saw in this thead today, used 1/2" wide, 1/8" thick aluminum for the rail and 1/16" alum. sheet for the counter bracket. Helps to have air tool and a sheet metal break at work...lol

Ā 

Thanks for the tips

I have a question for all of you more experienced resin builders, my counter has a couple of air bubble pits at the end of the tips that the wires would hook to, what is the stongest method of filling those pits and still be alble to drill the tips for wire mounting??

Ā 

Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for all of you more experienced resin builders, my counter has a couple of air bubble pits at the end of the tips that the wires would hook to, what is the stongest method of filling those pits and still be alble to drill the tips for wire mounting??

Ā 

Thanks for any input.

Ā 

I wouldn't mind the air bubble pits, just drill holes for the wires and glue them in.

An alternative would be to fill them with a small amount of putty/plastic filler and sand them afterwards, but I'm not sure if it would even be noticeable.

Hard to tell without knowing what it looks like and to what extent they are present.

Ā 

Another tip would be to start your own blaster-buildthread and ask those questions there, that way you could keep it all under one topic, as well as not derailing other buildthreads ;)

Ā 

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words you guys! I really appreciate it.

But I decided to bring back the weathering a bit. It's still very weathered, just not as much as first :)

Ā 

Here's some pics, and I threw in comparison pics of the M38 that was on the blaster before.

And I have to say that I think the M19 looks a lot better :)

Ā 

Fcybw.jpg

ziSiV.jpg

Ā 

QrgkF.jpg

qMD7y.jpg

Ā 

0LUTs.jpg

aQgaQ.jpg

Ā 

r626b.jpg

JRRKC.jpg

Ā 

LnIJq.jpg

PRBU0.jpg

Ā 

xKq89.jpg

Pjp2y.jpg

Ā 

Mounted on the blaster:

Ā 

E0aaG.jpg

Ā 

LDWxZ.jpg

Ā 

Looking forward to troop with it for the premiere of The Phantom Menace tomorrow, (not that anyone is going to notice what scope i have :P)!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some small additional tweaks, namely drilling out the holes under the folding stock and the slot on its side, and fitting the magazine with a small "ball" and the writing "OFF ->", as seen on original magazines.

Ā 

Here an original magazine, picture lent from the great site http://sterlingblasterconversion.blogspot.com

To%20open%20spring%20loading%20b.jpg

Ā 

Here's mine:

xOPpQ.jpg

Ā 

The holes under the foldingstock:

tqOvJ.jpg

Ā 

azxG9.jpg

Ā 

I think these details go a long way to make the blaster look even better, and they're really easy to do and completely free.

DO it!

Edited by MartinSivertsen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...