Childrens stormtrooper suit

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Okay, I managed to pull the first prototype helmet last night and got it assembled this morning. I am very happy with the way it went together and quite happy with the look. I immediately noticed a few small areas that I am going to change before I make another helmet but overall I am loving it :D

Ā 

I also managed to pull the new shoulder bells. These look so awesome and are virtually identicle to the real deal. The parts are made from 1.5mm pinseal ABS though I will probably use the 1.5mm smooth gloss ABS for the final version.

Ā 

I have taken some photos with my phone so they are not the best, but will have to do until I can find the lead for my camera. Bear in mind this is a prototype helmet and not the final version.

lFEY3Ik.jpg

lL26xS4.jpg

eje1HwL.jpg

WPDdDFz.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Thats SUPER NICE , that is Dad ;)

Ā 

Paul has Luke's suit and helmet been pulled in your new Glossy white 1.5 abs , i think so judging from those last pic's look's very on screen colour B)

This test suit is being pulled in 1.5mm pinseal ABS. The texture is on the inside and the outside is not as glossy as my standard 1.5mm gloss ABS which is what I will pull the final suit in.

Ā 

I have been working flat out again trying to finish work on all the moulds and I am getting close now. Looking to pull some more parts this weekend :D

Got the torso and arms pulled now and I am really pleased with how they look. I trimmed everything today and taped all the parts together for a test fit, and it fits my son perfectly. I couldn't believe how good it was looking on him. Every part is like a miniature version of the original ANH armour and I simply cannot wait to everything finished.

Ā 

Here are two photos of the parts after they were formed. More to come very soon :)

TUSsedJ.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Fantastic! :D Adorable and accurate!

Ā 

Well, the affordable part we shall see!

Ā 

I'm sure paul will make it affordable though.

Ā 

Great job on all of the pieces, looks like you are pretty close to having a suit for sale!

the word adoreable is about being good looking, the word affordable, will depend upon paul making them for sale!

Ā 

if I had a son, I'd want to give it to him as a gift!

Ā 

great work!

I don't see why Paul would or should make these sets any cheaper than the full size ones. It's in large part not the plastic you're paying for when you buy armour. Especially something that is sculpted. You're paying for the long time Paul spent making the moulds and his expertise at vac forming.

Mini Flat Forearms!!! euhiy9_th.gif

Ā 

....and don't get me started on the Bells, Biceps, etc., and that BEAUTIFUL LID!! t2807.gif

It's as if you've shoved one of your September 2012 suits into the washing machine on 'Boil Wash' and everything as come out just right for little Luke (but without the obligatory 'red sock', 'coz that would be kindaa silly)

Ā 

Can't wait to see the rest, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I will need some clean dry boxer shorts when I feast my eyes on the fully built suit in all its Glory.

Ā 

Mate, in all the years that I've known you, you have NEVER ceased to amaze me, you mad, talented ba$tard YOU! B)

Ā 

:D