The Kashyyyk Stormtrooper project

Daetrin

Interesting concept, I'm strictly OT when it comes to the Glorious Stormtrooper

but I am partial to the odd clone and the helmet is kindaa intriguing :)

qRoM6BU.png

m8JPAJJ.png

7pxuTuZ.png

cfnSqDi.png

4lwwZBV.png

Also, the way the ab is sort of boxy and split at the front is a little different

Its going to be interesting to see how someone tackles this and gets it right coz

there are so many angles on the armour that a standard suit will require quite a bit of moding

:)

On 7/6/2011 at 6:16 AM, v7sg said:

it doesn't seem so hard to modify from an existing kit, interesting...<_<

Well, as I said, I'm looking forward to seeing someone taking on the challenge :)

TOtIyZG.png

looks like standard TFU armour variant (5 ab buttons, ANH handguards, ROTJ trim and Ab plate) but a funky (but incredibly awesome) helmet.

Would love to have a crack at building one of the helmets one day....

The basics of the armor is clearly a ICN :)

5 buttons on boths pads of the Ab plate, rotj trims with ANH hand guards (as I can see).

But no color and strange shoulder bells XD

I agree : this helmet is so cool :P

Can't wait to see this done... Mason ? :P:D

Check out this month's newsletter Steve :)

Also remember that the CRL will have 3 levels as all our other costumes: base, EI, Centurion.

So will a white lightsaber be mandatory in order to get this 501st approved, or will it be an accessory?

actually you can use the CRL for TKC and ICN for the Starkiller lightsaber details.

23.Lightsaber (The Force Unleashed):

The hilt should be Graflex style or have the characteristics of the Graflex, (reference Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from ANH and ESB). If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow. Note: Double blades, small Yoda style lightsaber, or inexpensive non-FX Hasbro Lightsaber toys are not allowed.

The hilt shall be made to reference Starkiller's lightsaber (as seen in The Force Unleashed). If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.

and for those that mentioned the shoulders, the bells only look that way in the PC version, the ps3 version looks rounded like the TKC or ICN..

On 7/8/2011 at 1:57 PM, stormtrooperguy said:

i could buy an argument that the shoulders are just models with a low polygon count and that the angles aren't intentional.

look how angular his shoulder is under that free floating bell :)

its also due to my graphics card i think as well. when i took the screen caps i had to put the settings lower than normal to keep the PC game from crashing. :blink: the PC version of the game is VERY unstable, and quite frankly it is unplayable on most PC's :(

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2011 at 1:57 PM, stormtrooperguy said:

i could buy an argument that the shoulders are just models with a low polygon count and that the angles aren't intentional.

look how angular his shoulder is under that free floating bell smile.gif

I agree with stormtrooperguy 100% those angles arent intentional. Especially after what Mason said. This is a cool suit...here we go again....

• 1 year later...

I believe I have the only lid ever pulled, and it's already weathered. I had hoped to make another suit to match, but life pulls me in other directions. I'd only be willing to sell it if someone will commit to seeing this through.

Note that since the helmet is weathered your suit will need to be as well, unless you want to strip the helmet and start the paint process all over again.