E-11 blaster - which one?

G'day,

I'm after climbing the TK ladder with regards to accuracy - the Expert Infantry or Centurian specs don't allow converted hasbros (which I currently have) nor will I use my MR ANH as it's too heavy....so what are the options?

Also, different sources are claiming screen accuracy.....which ones are correct with or without: the counter, powers cylinders, coiled wires?

Finally, what's the opinion on this bad boy?

http://originalstormtrooper.com/shop-online/e11-blaster.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11

Hey Grant,

I know it can be a bit confusing about the ANH E11's, with people claiming which is screen accurate. To give a little E11 history for ANH, there were several variances of the E11 seen throughout ANH. There were 8 variances throughout the film.

Variant 1: had an M38 style scope, Hengstler Counter (with eagle)no power cylinders, no wire coil, angled scope rail.

Variant 2: had an M38 style scope, Hengstler Counter (with eagle), power cylinders, wire coil, angled scope rail.

Variant 3: had an M19 style scope, Hengstler Counter, power cylinders, without wire coil, straight scope rail.

Variant 4: had an M19 style scope, Hengstler Counter, power cylinders, wire coil, straight scope rail.

Variant 5: had an M38 style scope, no Hengstler Counter, power cylinders, without wire coil, straight scope rail.

Variant 6: had a variant of an M38 style scope, without Hengstler Counter, without power cylinders, without wire coil, straight scope rail.

Variant 7: had an M38 style scope, without Hengstler Counter, without power cylinders, without wire coil, angled scope rail.

Variant 8: had an M38 style scope, without Hengstler Counter, without power cylinders, without wire coil, straight scope rail.

So if somebody has made one of these variants then they could say screen accurate.

But, for EIB and Centurion levels it is required for the ANH E11's to have the counter, and the power cylinders. The coil is not a requirement, just a plus. As you already know for the Centruion level, Hasbro's are not allowed, not even converted.

For the Ainsworth's E11, he does make a very nice version, has accurate components (I just wish he would not claim that he designed the E11's for the movie, John Barry, Lucas and the and the prop department designed the E11). However, one thing to mention, two different troopers on here have mentioned that when purchasing from Ainsworth that during shipping the bayonet mount has come in broken off from the side of the barrel. But both troopers fixed this problem by just gluing it back. The only thing that Ainsworth doesn't have on his E11 is the cocking mechanism, that was seen on the ones in ANH. But, that can easily be remedied.

9WbyqdA.jpg

If you don't mind doing you own build, look in to the new Doopydoos complete E11 kit: http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

From what I have seen, it is a very nice kit, lightweight blaster, with all the trimmings at a good price. Note: You will need to make the scope rail because the kit does not come with it and if you want to go the extra step and make a recoild spring, this is easily done by wrappping a piece of wire, like a coat hanger, around a dowel rod.

G8ehWio.jpg

A Hyperfirm, while not as customizable as a scratch-build, will also get you there. Plus it's lightweight and extremely durable.

A Hyperfirm, while not as customizable as a scratch-build, will also get you there. Plus it's lightweight and extremely durable.

....Bri, but not that easy to get your hands on in the UK me ol' mate ;)

Stay away from Ainsworth's stuff and pop your head over to Doopys and go for what

you think you can do comfortably.

Pipe builds are great and a lot easier then you think....Go onnnn, give it a go :D

Hi Grant. In the spirit of helping out a new trooper I would like to offer you my SDS E11. I have made some considerable upgrades on it including a D-ring, More accurate scratch built front site and a pretty decent weathering job. I have never trooped with it and only had it on display. The only bad side is that I removed the t-tracks for my scratch built but t-tracks are easy to buy so you could replace them no problem. I can give you enough rubber tracks to do the job if you like although the originals were plastic. You can have the blaster for free if you would like it.

Just for the record, I agree with everything that has been said here about SDS.

Edited by matt black

The SDS E11 was somewhat a disapointment. Mostly due to the fact that it seemd sloppy assemlbed. And my bayonett mount came broken off when i got it from SDS. I used E6000 and it was fine. I put a D-ring and a cocking lever on it as well and it looks nice actually. But it is a bit on the expensive side. I was going to buy a doopydoo but never got an answer so i orderd from Ainsworth. :)

I would go for a doopy or a SDS actually. But if i could chose freely i would get a real sterling and convert it all metal parts :D

Hi Grant. In the spirit of helping out a new trooper I would like to offer you my SDS E11. I have made some considerable upgrades on it including a D-ring, More accurate scratch built front site and a pretty decent weathering job. I have never trooped with it and only had it on display. The only bad side is that I removed the t-tracks for my scratch built but t-tracks are easy to buy so you could replace them no problem. I can give you enough rubber tracks to do the job if you like although the originals were plastic. You can have the blaster for free if you would like it.

Seriousley? :icon_bow: I'd love to give it a spin and if you have the rubber t-tracks that would be UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!

I'll PM you

Have a chat with Tango'd Fett

Steve Rogers

UK builder of blasters and kit just like doopydoos

Nothing wrong with a pipe build and the deciding which type of ANH E11 you want :)

Also several members here sell a pre drilled PVC pipe for you

(ace post above!)

Edited by john danter

• 4 weeks later...

Do any troopers have a preference between the Doopydoos full kit and the Doopydoos Hasbro conversion? I know the Centurion doesn't allow hasbro mods, but isn't it fun to have a blaster with noises and lights? That said, are both able to withstand the stresses of trooping (read: children handling)?

Thanks in advance for the advice!