crypto's T-21

It started with this.......

IMG_2122.jpg

And ended with THIS......

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

The main body is pine with greeblies made out of posterboard with super glue soaked into it and pvc pipe.

The barrel of the "beast" is 2 sizes of pvc pipe, a plastic tumbler and 13mm neoprene rubber.

IMG_2121-1.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

For the paint finish I uncoated the the timber on the body of the gun and then coated it with a enamel "hammer" spray paint, then weathered it with silver. The stock and hand grips were stained with a walnut stain and then given 2 coats of clear varnish. Scratches and dents were made with the edge of a metal ruler and then black acrylic paint rubbed into said scratches for a beaten up and used look.

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

The cooling fins were given a coat of gold spray paint and then weathered with black acrylic paint and silver paint.

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

Rear sight is movable.

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

This beast ROCKS.........:punk:

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Cheers........

Ok, I have added the finishing touch to the beast in form of a sling. After researching the slings used in the movie I found that they were a Enfield rifle sling used in WW2. These are still quite common to buy and I found 2 at a good price (2 slings are needed for the T-21), alas the shipping from the US to here was a JOKE.

Besides I have scratch built the whole gun so I thought I would have a go at making a sling.

Started with a ratchet strap, I cut this in half and sewed the 2 halfs together to make it thicker. I made the end clips out of a piece of gal. metal and wire.

IMG_2129.jpg

A thinned out coat of acrylic paint tinted to a shade of tan was painted into the strap and a light coat of gold sprayed on to the clips to give them a brass look. A metal brace was cut and filed into shape for the mount on the stock.

IMG_2159.jpg

All attached and ready to go.

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Forgot to add in the first post that this can be broken down in two for transport.

IMG_2169.jpg

Cheers.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...