"Help me FISD, you're my only hope"

bluehickey

My 14 year old son is part of the Order of the Arrow in the Boy Scouts of America, it's kind of like an elite service part of scouting.

Anyways, he is attending a big campout at the beginning of August and they are actually have a Star Wars theme with Jedi training and Pod racing. One of the events is to bring and show your own home made Star Wars video. That is really the only instructions they give.

I know that we could make a fun video and with the high quality 501st costumes I own, we could blow away the competition. The only problem is, is that my son and I can't come up with any good ideas for a video.

I want to do this quick and easy and not bother involving my local garrison with this because scheduling can be such a pain (not to mention we are having a bit of a problem currently getting troopers out to regular events anyhow).

So here is what I have at my disposal: TK armor, Heavy Weapons Trooper armor variant, Biker Scout costume, Jawa costume and a Luke and Vader Force FX lightsabers. I was just thinking that we would have the scenes so that the different troopers aren't seen together in the same shot, allowing me to play the different parts (except for the Jawa of course).

So anyone have any clever ideas we could shoot that involves Star Wars and Boy scouts?

VERY COOL!!!!!

The first thing that pops in to mind would be doing a video that embodies the spirit of the Boy Scouts. Showing some of the things that encompasses the Scouts. train youth in responsible citizenship, character development, and self-reliance through participation in a wide range of outdoor activities, educational programs. And show that in the video.

Like trustworthiness, good citizenship, and outdoors skills, through a variety of activities such as camping, aquatics, and hiking etc

U could have your son doing things with the different troopers, if u want a comic relief u could have the troopers not quit getting it right and your son showing them how its done.

Example:

a scout trooper trying to start a fire with the use of his blaster or thermal detonator LOL but your sons teaches him to starts a fire with the stick method.

A heavy weapons trooper that doesn’t really know how to pack for a mission ( packs to much etc)

TK that has to build a shelter and isn’t doing it right……

But your son teaches them what they don’t know

At the end u could have all the troopers get commendations for their hard work only to thank him because without him they could have done it.

Something like that, I honestly think that u should try to go for the concept of your son teaching and showing the qualities that the Scouting Org has to teach.

Just a thought.

I would also talk to fellow garrison members they will be very happy to help out, I would . plz post the video

having your son instruct you as a trooper is a great idea!

show him instructing various scouting tasks while you are in armor and he is wearing his scout!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Just One thing.....................................................

AFTER YOU DONE, DO NOT FORGET TO UPLOAD IT AND SHARE IT WITH US~~~~~PLEASE~~~~~

Look forward to see your video clip~~~~~~

He should help an old lady across the street and use the force to manipulate the trafic lights and stop cars. A trooper(s) half way across the street ask to see there identification and of course you know the rest. Move along.

He should help an old lady across the street and use the force to manipulate the trafic lights and stop cars. A trooper(s) half way across the street ask to see there identification and of course you know the rest. Move along.

Lol good idea and funny!!!

I really think thais will be awesome, may be even a way to work more pro-activly with the scouts!!!!! Scouts awesome memories!!!! :lol:

Joey,

Your concept is fantastic! I ran it by my son and he loved it. He even started working of a list of supplies needed and we scouted out the perfect location this morning. Thanks so much, I knew there was someone out there who had a better imagination than us!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any good ideas but I just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I'm an eagle scout and a vigil honor member from wiatava lodge in orange county

Boy scouts made me who I am today

Edit: I didn't think of anything specifically, but I did think of the three principles of the OA which are brotherhood, cheerfulness and service, if you can incorporate those somehow.

Also, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the OA ceremonies, but I played the medicine man for 8 years and we always used to joke how he talked like yoda ( he says a lot of his lines backwards) so if you can somehow incorporate some aspect of the ceremonies that could be a real winner

Pm me if you wanna talk about it

Edited by R2-E2