Building the Armoury

I've been pretty inspired my Marv's thread so thought I'd start my own to chronicle my builds. This is a rolling project to complete the TK weaponry that, after 10 months of getting parts together is still in it's early stages. (I was going to do TD weaponry too but I think my wallet would prefer it if I didn't.) Anyway here's where I am so far.

dscf0907y.jpg

I received my first L2A3 a few months ago. A few weeks after I put my deposit down on that one I found another that is quite interesting considering they come from wildly different sources and have been apart for over 16 years. Both are old specs.

dscf0880.jpg

I have an extra 1942 scope and a MGC Sterling but I'm waiting to convert that til I've finished physio on my hand as the modifications are too permanent to make a mistake on. More importantly I also have 2 days off work next week so I can get some work done on the blasters. Hope to have one finished albeit with brown track and another almost done very soon. :)

dscf0880.jpg

Sam

Loving that you've got two with consecutive numbers, how frigging COOL is that!! B)

I've had at least 15-20 of these Bad Boys pass through my hands over the years and I've

never managed to do that, nice one mate :duim:

Looking forward to seeing these two beautiful pieces come together :)

I'm going to do several of these myself!

Vern

That sounds interesting mate, how many full real Sterlings have you got?

I'd love to see them in all their wonderful glory :)

You just can't get enough of the real thing if you ask me B)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i had posted this before but i cant find my thread so i guess i never got to it.

Few yrs ago while looking for pics i found a page that actually had short sterling Mags. this isnt the actually page i first found but they have them. the other page offerd the 32 17 and a 9-10 round mags.

Short Sterling mags

sterling-short-magazine--6160-p.jpg

i will look for the original page.

Edited by TK-2126_MD

Thanks guys!

Billy, yeah, the consecutive numbers thing was a complete fluke, the guy who I bought the second one off had never seen it before either. I still can't believe how lucky I am.

Thanks for the headsup on the mags Joey but unfortunately they date from the '80s. Besides I can get 2 magazines, one 'firing' version and one 'non-firing' out of each full length one I buy.

Been slacking a bit but the t-tracks are almost done on 49. There is apparently proof circulating that brown t-track was used on the final E-11s so it's getting brown track with a bit of flaking to correlate with the condition of the gun itself. Pics on Tuesday, hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something else to show too.

Edited by SamJ

Well, I've finally made some progress. I've installed 4 of my 6 t-tracks. I was wearing my special hat when I cut the other two so they were too long so I've cut them down further and the paint is drying as I type. I need to push them all closer to gun when they're all installed but have to get the last two in first as otherwise I'd be wasting my time.

A few weeks ago I bought FBJ's cut down mag too, so I removed the white lettering from the end of it. So far I've got this...

dscf0993p.jpg

Next up will be the scope rail.

In other news this arrived today.

dscf0989s.jpg

It's the base gun for the DL-18, which with ROTJ being the first Star Wars film I ever saw was the first blaster I ever saw 'fired'. Not only that but it's the exact same model with the threaded part on the rear and the correct screws. I've been looking for this model for over a year so it's nice to finally get one. :D

Back in topic land, I need the rear site from it for the ROTJ E11.