Correct wire for brackets

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ John and Joey,

we are talking about the brtackets for the original strapping system;

Okay, kitchen whisk, bike spokes, Federstahldraht. Lots to chose from. Thanks everybody!

Karin

:unsure: i luv theses humbiling moments that remind me that having a EIB doesnt mean much if i don´t keep current with our Hobby!!!!!! :lol:

Gracias

dont forget that u can use a simple wooden board and some nails to bend really easy and cheap to!!!!

here you go, best guesstimate...

from a sales thread...

original link

not sure if seller makes them anymore though...

wiremeasures.jpg

that is what ill use on my suit when i am at that part..

measurements in wire size, roughly 1 MM (= or -)...assuming they are wire coat hanger size...

but the measurements can be off so you have to build a few i guess..

nuff said....

Edited by LittleOne

here you go, best guesstimate...

from a sales thread...

original link

not sure if seller makes them anymore though...

wiremeasures.jpg

that is what ill use on my suit when i am at that part..

measurements in wire size, roughly 1 MM (= or -)...assuming they are wire coat hanger size...

but the measurements can be off so you have to build a few i guess..

nuff said....

this photo from TM shows that not all the hangars are the same dimensions.

DSCF1104.jpg

sure would be nice to hear from paul on the sizing.

well if you used a wire bending jig and had set it up to bend your wires then they would be the same size and shape... but if you do them by hand with pliers then they will vary in width...i guess it is safe to say that they have to be the width of the elastic you are gonna use and just give a slight play on both sides but not much....

Rolf had a suit and he showed what he did with the ANH bracket system.. perfect example there and this how i will make mine too... :) plus the bolts seem to be the same as the ones used on the ears to tie them down on the helmets......this ill have to test on mine armor... :)

Rolf's wires inside his armor

just keep scrolling down the page and you will see his set up...

peace

Edited by LittleOne

CB4C31F2-orig.jpg

I found these at Menards a local hardware store. There are 25 in a pack for 4.99 and the appear to be the same color and size as the original wire. They look black on the box but they are Goldish, bronzish with a little gasoline rainbow effect like wire hangers but thinner wire. they are long enough to make the brackets and will have to snap off a bit on the smaller brackets. They are sturdy. I going back to get some tommarrow and buy some mini bent needle nose plyers to form them. Hope this helps out as another alternative.

sure would be nice to hear from paul on the sizing.

I make the small bracket loop 25mm wide for the elastic and the screw holes are about 40mm apart. I make the chest bracket loop 30mm wide and about 60mm for the screw holes. The height is 30mm for the chest brackets and 5mm for the rest. All elastic loops should be the same length. There are no special straps for the chest - every one is the same - that is why there are taller brackets for the chest plate to allow it to hang over the abdomen while keeping everything tight.

well I know the width of the strap, but the loop diameter?

paul- is it the same size loop for all the points?

I make the small bracket loop 25mm wide for the elastic and the screw holes are about 40mm apart. I make the chest bracket loop 30mm wide and about 60mm for the screw holes. The height is 30mm for the chest brackets and 5mm for the rest. All elastic loops should be the same length. There are no special straps for the chest - every one is the same - that is why there are taller brackets for the chest plate to allow it to hang over the abdomen while keeping everything tight.

Vern, it sounds to me like all the elastic loops are identical. I guess as long as they are "tight" it should be fine.

I don't have this strapping myself, but having a tight fit between the brackets would be how I'd do it. But I guess you might want to adjust for body size.

and now finally for the 25000 dollar question!

what are the size of the nut/bolts? length? head size? nut size?

thanks paul for chiming in on this very important topic!