501st Trooper Status Requests (Include link to your 501st profile in your request!)

TD-936 : your status is updated. Actually to be on the appliation you must be a TK, as this is a TK detachment.

CooR : PM sent. Please post here if you didn't get it.

TD-936 : your status is updated. Actually to be on the appliation you must be a TK, as this is a TK detachment.

I have both costumes, TK & TD, but if you mean your legion ID must start with TK then thats news to me as on the application it states:

Roster of Potential Member Troopers (all must be active members of the 501st Legion):

Thus you must only be an active member of the 501st to sign the application no matter what you legion designation starts with. If you allready have garnered the needed signatures that you said you still needed then that is great if not then my offer stands. Either way its nice to see this is getting off the ground.

I'm looking at http://www.501st.com/documents/501stcharter.htm#ArtIIIE

"A Detachment requires five (5) members (all of whom own the specific costume) and is headed by a Detachment Leader (DL), who is elected by the members of the Detachment."

Is that part of the charter outdated?

As for number of members, I'm happy to keep adding people as long as there is room on the form. :) I've added both you and Justin to the list & doc.

I'm looking at http://www.501st.com/documents/501stcharter.htm#ArtIIIE

"A Detachment requires five (5) members (all of whom own the specific costume) and is headed by a Detachment Leader (DL), who is elected by the members of the Detachment."

Is that part of the charter outdated?

As for number of members, I'm happy to keep adding people as long as there is room on the form. :) I've added both you and Justin to the list & doc.

I dont believe its outdated its just states you have to own the costume specific to the detachment. I do have (own) and troop with both TK and TD costume (depending on my mood, if I feel like humping that heavy backpack or not) so thats not a problem. I don't believe it matters what your Legion designation begins with as long as it can be verified that you do own the costume in question and mine can be verified easily (just by looking at my signature there are 2 examples of my TK).

I believe the more names you can get the better though. It shows there is a serious interest in this detachment and shuts up those that says there shouldn't be a TK detachment as there is no need for one. Just this last weekend we were doing an event with a trooper that was doing his first event and he was litteraly falling apart all day long. He definatly could use a detachment like this to get it together and improve his costume.

One other thing, I can not get into the 501st only section still. Is it possible to look into this? Thanks.

I dont believe its outdated its just states you have to own the costume specific to the detachment. I do have (own) and troop with both TK and TD costume (depending on my mood, if I feel like humping that heavy backpack or not) so thats not a problem. I don't believe it matters what your Legion designation begins with as long as it can be verified that you do own the costume in question and mine can be verified easily (just by looking at my signature there are 2 examples of my TK).

I believe the more names you can get the better though. It shows there is a serious interest in this detachment and shuts up those that says there shouldn't be a TK detachment as there is no need for one. Just this last weekend we were doing an event with a trooper that was doing his first event and he was litteraly falling apart all day long. He definatly could use a detachment like this to get it together and improve his costume.

One other thing, I can not get into the 501st only section still. Is it possible to look into this? Thanks.

Correct, you have to OWN a TK suit and be an active member of the 501st to sign the application. TD, TB ect. may not sign if that is their only suit.

Army Scout