question about the boots

I've just looked on ca boots for the stormtrooper boots and looked for the Chelsea boots (jodhpur boots) on some other websites. i am just wondering which would be the better option?

buying the ca boots and spending almost the same as the boot if not more to ship them over here to scotland in less that 8-12 weeks quoted for standard delivery,

or buying the jodhpur boots and whiting them up. the problem i have with the jodhpur boots is the websites i have looked at have the prices ranging from £30 to £1750, so i am not too sure what price accurate screen looking ones would cost.

if anyone can direct me to either the shop or the website where they bought there's I'll be greatful.

have you got in contact with your local UKG, but, I'm sure the fellas here could lend a hand, I know that the postage from the US can be pretty pricey in some occasions even though the US dollor is half of the Pound :)

Both have gotten great reviews!!!! i personally had mine made ( medical issues) and painted them, i like the chipping of the paint like the ones u can see in movie stills.

My recommendation. These are about the closest I've found to what was used in 1976. Use the tutorial elsewhere on the board here to buff off the finish, re-dye the leather white, and paint the elastic white with fabric paint, or carefully bleach it out first. The originals had the slick leather soles, but I prefer the traction on these.

There are probably shoppes in the UK that import Baxter footwear, so check around.

--Jonah

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

all i did was head over to eBay and picked up a brand new pair of black boots for about fifteen squid ,then white dye that was it worked out great.I also have some trooper boots from ca boots and like my home done ones better.

Leather-Jodhpur boots is all i typed in to the engine.

I'd suggest getting jodhpurs and having them done. This is what I did for my second set (my first are original Mark Cheng), and you can guarantee that the fit will be perfect.