Latex stunt neck seals research and build thread

Vern, i understand you wanting a cotton liner in the neck seal! but how did you rip not 1 but 2 of karin's handguards :blink: ???? i know they are made of rubber but they are pretty robust !!!! sorry to detract from the build thread! :)

Edited by Trooperman

even karin's handplate latex tears. I've had 2 pairs tear chunks, or even ripp in half.

Whaa? What are you doing to them to rip? I've had mine through extensive trooping for almost 2 years without problem.

I wonder if you will consider using a non latex or silicone at some future point?

I know you have non latex hand guards.

Either way I will definately pick up a seal when you are ready to market them and a pair of handguards at the same time. Would look good with the RS PP helmet that should be arriving any day now...

What did the ESB troopers use out of curiosity?

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I wonder if you will consider using a non latex or silicone at some future point?

Definatly, but I'll need a latex one in hand first to recast it. In fact, I ordered already several rubber componets to try out; but it seems they won't be really cheap so far.

my simple goal here is to give karin the advice she needs for the best product possible.

I think her hand guards are very nice looking and very well made. it just would be a little nicer to

have a material in the neck seal that is really much stronger than just simple latex rubber.

and since a neckseal gets a lot of use in a trooping situation I think

that the neck can have a lot more pressure put on it

for larger troopers such as myself. I suppose I should cut a larger neck opening in

my builds to accomodate my neck better.

having a nylon webbing embedded, or a seal coat of a stronger tear rating rubber.

or having an under suit type of wickable material for the inside.

I love the way karin keeps an eye for detail, and her work ethic always shows.

(( on a side note, my hand plates tear because my forearms are short, and my arms are short

so there's a lot of downwards pressure placed on my gloves over time.

I'm sure that people with longer arms like mathias don't have the same problem?

my handguards usually tear at the wrist, but I've had them split down the middle of the

index finger knuckle too ))

I also think it's a good idea to mix in the paint into the rubber before it's poured into

the mold. acrylic craft paints mix into latex really well and it solves the color situation from

the inside out.

TX troopers might also like black latex handplates as well as one of these nice looking

neckseals that we all know are going to be the best they can be!

keep up the good work here karin!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 2 weeks later...

i know this technically wouldnt be considered "the latex stunt" but has anyone brought up the idea of skirt part being a bit longer in the front and back? HAN.png

I'm a bit late to this party it seems, and will admit i didnt read all 15 pages... :-)

-Jimmy

• 1 month later...

Jimmy,this is the so called "hero" neck seal. It was indeed tied around the waist. Thanks for the pic!

there has been some attempts in the past, but such a clothing item is rather pricey to produce-

This project still is on!

I needed to halt it a little, as my kitchen and bathroom get renovated in the past few weeks, but there'll be some updates soon!

i know this technically wouldnt be considered "the latex stunt" but has anyone brought up the idea of skirt part being a bit longer in the front and back? HAN.png

I'm a bit late to this party it seems, and will admit i didnt read all 15 pages... :-)

-Jimmy

The riviting neckseal were a perfect replica with those vestpart include.

Take look here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3537-ribbed-neckseal-with-hero-bibs/

The riviting neckseal were a perfect replica with those vestpart include.

Take look here:

http://www.whitearmo...with-hero-bibs/

They looked quite good but he hasn't made any since early 2009. One of the problems with these old threads, you see it, you want it, but you just can't have it LOL.

Keep up the good work Karin, no doubt everyone will be waiting for your renovations to be finished LOL

I know that riviting doesn't make anymore, sadly. I had the luck and get one in second hand and i'm very happy with it.

But i only wanted to answer the question of Jimmy with that link, if someone ever thought on that details.

In this thread are some realy nice pics of that kind of neck seal which also maybe helpfull for the ones which Karin are doing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...