SFS Helmet replica

Honestly,

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but... if it is not please move it to the proper place!

:D

So...

A few months ago I got a Cap kit with the idea of building a replica helmet of the Dave M or Set for Stun bucket. So... this is it. Almost.

I took some ideas from a tutorial I found and kept some time ago by Boba Maker. Only after the work was advanced I realized, thanks to Rolf, that the tutorial might not have been the best tool to follow. This cause I gave the helmet a hand painted texture by applying a sloppy coat of acrylic paint between the green HDPE like coat, and the white one.

I think it gives the helmet some sort of an edge, and it kindof gives it the texture seen on the cap and back of the original helmet. The thing is that, as Rolf pointed out over the MEPD, as I over did it, it does not look very accurate.

Anyway, as some ANH buckets have some sort of brushed like texture going horizontally, specially on the back, I guess it is not THAT bad.

Cut, trimmed and assembled to look like the Dave M helmet (as much as possible), I finished it with handpainted details, and will add cracks, bumps, paint leaks, and even some mods to the pull that maybe you can notice.

I also finished the interior trying to replicate the look of ANH helmets, with green, red and white paint, leaf foam, elastic and all...

This is how it looks atm. Still will mod some parts and detail more some others.

25354210150275773068420.jpg

sfs18.jpg

sfs19.jpg

sfs13q.jpg

sfs15.jpg

sfs14.jpg

sfs12.jpg

sfs11.jpg

What do you think?

:)

Saludos

Edited by iconoclasta_88

OK... here is some more progress I wanted to share with you.

Still not done 100% but you can already see the face of the Set for Stun helmet showing around the corner...

sfs25.jpg

sfs21.jpg

sfs22.jpg

sfs24.jpg

sfs20.jpg

What do you think?

Saludos

• 2 weeks later...

Thats one sweet looking Lid bro.

Great job so far, what do you have left to finish???

THX a lot bro.

Now I need to finish with the chipping and add some details as the yellow and red stains.

Also, some rubber skid marks.

Then, interior aging, adding the definite lenses and wearing off of black and gray painted details.

I am very happy with this project and happy to have such good comments!

:D

Saludos

Looks super close to the screen used Dave M helmet bro.

If you could take the face plate a bit down, so the bow sit higher over the eyes, it would be even more close to the real deal.

Congrats whit this great piece of art.

Good work bro :)

• 2 weeks later...

THX for your kind words!

I have worked on the eyebrow and moved it up to make it look more like the Dave M helmet.

I also have added some detailing on it, but since these are iPhone picts, they can't be seen.

I will get some better pictures taken in better light and background soon.

In the meanwhile... here it is.

sfs26.jpg

sfs27.jpg

sfs28.jpg

WHat do you think?

Saludos

• 6 months later...

I will be revisiting and finishing this bucket soon... So, if anyone has any comments or can see details I am missing, I would appreciate it.

Still to come are the pictures of the inside.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Here are a couple pictures showing the inside of the helmet.

There is much work still to be done, but you get the idea.

sfs12.jpg

sfs11.jpg

I will be replacing the green material for lighting filter acetate used in film production.

Will also weather and age the inside and the foam and elastic strap and snaps.

And, will be using new more accurate hovi's. Still need to decide which maker, have a few different ones already.

And will probably add some sort of shinny finish to the white paint.

Any suggestions?

Thx a lot.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88