Hyperfirm vs. doopydoo, MG-34/DLT-19

As there has been som talk about the doopydoo DLT lately I thought to show mine up against my hyperfirm MG-34.

(please keep in mind this was taken with my mobile camera, so the picture quality is soso)

I have yet to add the t-tracks to the MG, so these are more or less as they come out of the box. The hyperfirm as been painted though.

IMAG0493.jpg

Hyperfirm MG on top, Doopydoo DLT on the bottom

Some overall comparison pictures. Hyperfirm is the shiny one^^

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0500-1.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

Will continue with close ups of detail differences.

Edited by Acima

And last how the doopydoo blaster comes out of the box:

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

You just screw the parts together.. too bad it screws on crocked :/

IMAG0509.jpg

My idea how to fix this is to either just glue it together in the correct angle, or add new screws. Or add something at the base to make is tighten at the wanted angle, if that makes any sense. Anyone got another idea?

Well.. that was it :)

Edited by Acima

Just out of curiosity how did you get these mgs? As i never get any answer from doopydoo and one cant buy hyperfirm outside the us(?)

Nice pics btw.

Edited by ctankep

The doopydoo blaster I got from doopydoo themselves. Tok around 3/4 weeks from ordering time till I got it. No problem for me to get an email through.

The hyperfirm was sold to me by a trooper :)

Edited by Acima

I prefer the hyperfirm one myself for trooping. Though dooydoo has the clean lines I really like.

Hyperfirm is alot lighter, so me with my skinny arms can carry it with no worries. Doopydoo has more of a real weapon feel in weight. As perhaps some troopers might like.

There is no coming around that hyperfirm is the most comfortable for trooping as you can drop it, bump into people and overall just hit people with it with no worries. Doopydoo I would be a bit worried to drop, as with any resin props. Though to me it feels a bit more sturdy then other resin props. Still, I do like the look of the doopydoo very much! It all depends on how crisp a look you want and if the dropping possiblities are worth it.

What looks good vs. whats practical really.

Edited by Acima

One can not split the hyperfirm, so one will need to have a spesial bag/crate/box to bring it in. I might just sew a padded bag for it. But if you need to take an airplane with it, I would get a weapon case.

The DoopyDoos looks fantastic! The detail on it is incredible, I love it. I love the hyperfirm too (I have one and it's on its way here.. :S ) Are all hyperfirms identical? Did Slavefive made the one you own?

It looks pretty sweet, yes. Thought if would be nice for other members to see the two up against each other.

I don't know if all the hyperfirms are identical. And I don't know the maker of mine as I got it from another 501st member. Might be able to ask him about that though..

• 8 months later...

The doopydoos looks nicer, but my concern is damage. I can drop my hyperfim weapons on concrete floors and even just toss them on the ground for demonstration and they don't break. I've had a resin rifle (clone) once and gosh forbid it fall over or drop, as it just shattered in places or would chip if knocked in to things. They may not be as quite as detailed, but 5 years later I still have my MG-34 and it looks none the worse for wear.

It will be interesting to hear how the DD holds up over time.

• 4 weeks later...

They are both very nice! I personally like the look of the hyperfirm better. It was obviously cast off a real gun with all the nicks n scratches on the stock, and overall weathered appearance. The doopydoos is too cleaned up for my taste...in my opinion ^_^ . However id proudly use either.

For pure durability/weight though, id go with hyperfirm. they make the best blasters out there for trooping, just no way around it!

Edited by Darth Voorhees

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any luck drilling into the barrel end of the hyperfirm to make it look more realistic?

I've been reading through a lot of posts to educate myself before I make any armor/weapon purchases.

I also have the same question about the barrel.

I wanted the Doopy Doos but he does not ship it to the United States.

I have purchased a Hasbro conversion and a resin build from them. They do ship to U.S. It just takes a while (like 4-6 weeks). Go to http://www.doopydoos.com/

Of course you can't go wrong with a hyperfirm either. Good luck.