Acima's TM build[*TM]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i ment brow , iam always confusing my own teeth with my eye browes , but then iam a little crazy :wacko: , right back on topic Karin thats a big congrats from here must see some pics when you have done the inside to , funny i have just put some mesh today in my new TM stunt lid , looks great plus hides the mouth a bit , keep up the good work :)

If you're going to use e6000 don't be so nervous. Personally, I actually trust it a lot more than any other glue out there. Yeah, it might take some extra time for it to cure, but IMO it's worth the wait.

If you're going to use e6000 don't be so nervous. Personally, I actually trust it a lot more than any other glue out there. Yeah, it might take some extra time for it to cure, but IMO it's worth the wait.

Ā 

Ā 

And you can even take it all apart again no problem if need be.

E6000 is a doddle to use.

Ā 

Simply apply a bead to both pieces you are gluing together, wait a minute or two, then clamp together. You can trim any over spill with a sharp knife once it has cured and peel it off. The glue dries like silicone - it's good stuff!

• 5 weeks later...

...and now I have taken some controll over my fear for E6000.. so yeah.. did a tiny bit last night..

Ā 

IMAG0701.jpg

Ā 

.. not really topic, but after a friend of mine saw my helmet he asked very nicely if I could paint his aswell. Pictures can be seen here and here. From decals to nude to painted.

Edited by Acima

• 2 weeks later...

After alot of test fitting I'm done with the arms. I think I'm pretty pleased with them. Sure, there are little things that bug me, but when I think about the fact that I have zero experience with this type of work, I think they are quite pretty^^

Might trim the tiny bit of return egde I still have on the forearms. As it's not really suppose to be there.

Ā 

armor_arm01.jpg

(They look better in real life to me. Also, they do have a nice curve from the elbow to the wrist. Just my camera angle that's weird.)

Ā 

Also changed the blue paint in the ab buttons a bit. Figured midnight blue was a bit to dark. Still think french blue seem to light, so I miksed the french blue with a bit of the midnight blue. Think it's a good shade.

Ā 

armor_ab01.jpg

Edited by Acima

Your build looks to be going great, I took inspiration from your build when I started my own recently.

Ā 

You say that there were or are some things that bug you but it is your first build, and it is the same with mine and anyway the screen suits were not perfect and it is the little imperfections that make a suit your own, Im sure Im going to not get seams perfect etc but thats what cover strips are for lol anyway as long as I have done as best job as I can and the suit looks great I will be happy.

Ā 

Awesome job!! :D

Edited by TKmAx

For the tubestripes, did you use French Blue or Midnight Blue, or a mix? The French Blue seems a tad too light for me, although it supposedly is accurate.

And your helmet looks as though the stripes are a little darker.

Edited by MartinSivertsen

For the tubestripes, did you use French Blue or Midnight Blue, or a mix? The French Blue seems a tad too light for me, although it supposedly is accurate.

And your helmet looks as though the stripes are a little darker.

Ā 

I used french blue for the tubestripes. No mix. But I have two coats, so that's probably why it shows up at bit darker. And the fact that I manage to take all the pictures at night and my apartment had poor lighting.

Yes, update. As I now sort of have a deadline for my TK.. ah whatever, pictures!

Ā 

armor_01.jpg

Ā 

Have now started to glue all the snap plates. Made these out of 1mm abs, as it bends easier in curves and such. Still need to add the last one in the shoulder. Might change the placement on a few of the snaps (or add some perhaps). We'll see.

Ā 

armor_02.jpg

Ā 

Thighs and butt snaps! I think the thighs look ok, not as nice as I would like them, but I'm new at this so..

Hopefully you guys will find it approvable^^

Edited by Acima

Last night and today has been dedicated to sort of pointless, yet kind of "cool" details.

As I have a 2mm suit the original strapping system won't work for me, but one detail I really like about the original system are the screws. So I though that even though I don't really need them. I'll fake it and put them in there anyway^^ so pretty much I have alot of cut down screws with bolts on the bak. Serves no function, but looks neat!

Ā 

armor_03x2.jpg

Ā 

The chest with the screws, also painted white.

Ā 

armor_04.jpg

Ā 

And this is how it works on the inside with the snap plates. This is on the butt piece.

Ā 

armor_05.jpg

Ā 

And at last, my little "fill in that ugly gap" project. Sanded down abs paste, then painted with satin white humbrol (34), going to go over it with either glossy white humbrol, or just a clear coat.

Ā 

armor_06.jpg

Ā 

Now to fix the rest of the screws..

Edited by Acima

Sanded down abs paste, then painted with satin white humbrol (34), going to go over it with either glossy white humbrol, or just a clear coat.

Ā 

Did you not find that the humbrol satin white, although goes on ok dries slightly off-white?