Acima's TM build[*TM]

awesome build so far~~~~everything is fantastic, love it!! can't wait to see you dress them on~~

Edited by JKCHEN

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might go over the black line still.. just to get it perfect.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Karin oh yes really coming along niceley :duim: i would not worry about making the lines to perfect as the screen used helmets were quite scuffy looking ;)

Hi Karin oh yes really coming along niceley :duim: i would not worry about making the lines to perfect as the screen used helmets were quite scuffy looking ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Wonky helmets are the way to go

This must be the first female TM build thread, right?

I call AWESOME!

Maybe even double or triple AWESOME.

Ā 

Looking great so far, I see we are using the exact same method for hand painting helmet details. :)

Wow, thanks for the huge support :D you guys are great!

And hmm.. yeah, I do think I'm the first TM girl. Or atleast the one to make a thread and all. Hopefully I'll be the first female centurion aswell. Would not mind getting myself that title!

Ā 

Anyway, this is how far I'm at now with the helmet..

Ā 

paint_03.jpg

Ā 

Now, we wait some more.. ah, just love the smell of humbrol paint and acetone!

Humbrol takes ages to really dry, huh? ;)

Ā 

The helmet's looking good.

What about internal strapping? 100% accuracy or some solution of your own?

Humbrol takes ages to really dry, huh? ;)

Ā 

The helmet's looking good.

What about internal strapping? 100% accuracy or some solution of your own?

Ā 

Yeah.. but it's worth the wait. And Thank you^^

A bit of both. The screen accurate anh strapping will not work with 2mm abs. The plastic is not flexible enough so it will give in to the screws and crack :/ if that makes any sense.. But I'm going as accurate as possible. So from the outside it will look screen accurate :) that is the plan atleast.

Edited by Acima

Sounds like the best middle ground then, if it looks the part and is suitable for medium to heavy trooping.

Why was the 1mm not an option for you if I might ask? Screen accurate strapping is really, really great... ;)

Sounds like the best middle ground then, if it looks the part and is suitable for medium to heavy trooping.

Why was the 1mm not an option for you if I might ask? Screen accurate strapping is really, really great... ;)

Ā 

I have seen the 1mm up close and tried on Locitus' 2mm suit. The 2mm just felt more correct for my needs, simple as that. Also the ruggedness of the 2mm was more appealing.

But if I was ever to get another one I would probably get a 1mm kit. Having a kit with as close to screen accurate as one can get would be fun^^

Ā 

Edit: Sorry Mathias :/

Edited by Acima

Absolutely - the 1mm is way sturdier under hardcore trooping than most would believe. I too was surprised: I even climbed a jungle gym in Legoland early this month with a group of hyperactive kids and a fellow trooper in my 1mm TM and no damage was done.

Ā 

But if the 2mm is more for you, so be it. (The last words are to be read as Palpatine would say them!)

It's all personal prefferance. I like 2mm because it feels more like armor to me and I am happy with my choice.

Aslo, I think it's great that TM offers the different abs thickness :) so people can get a great looking kit suited their needs and wants.

I can only say: I had fat armor (3mm), that was not my cup of tea...

then I had thin 1,5mm HIPS that broke and cracked and did all kinds of other bad things, and now I have 1mm ABS - and that is so 100% awesome bliss for me that I will (from now on) never stop to make advertisements for it in every possible way I can. :P;)

Ā 

But seriously, nothing beats the look and flex of the movie suits IMHO. And that can only really be pulled off by a 1mm ABS suit with original strapping. I'm sure Paul himself would be first in line to agree.

And it does feel like armor - well, maybe not like medieval metal knight armor does, but cool space armor alright.

Ā 

But sorry, I totally digress. Back to your awesome build, Karin!

ObiHahn: i agree with you 200% the 1 mm feels like TK armour should do,there is no coming around this. And going as close to screen used suits as one ever can, is the thing to do in my opinion. :)

The original strapping system is also extremly nice, i was surprized that they actually made a strapping system that effective and practical. But oh well :D

ObiHahn: i agree with you 200% the 1 mm feels like TK armour should do,there is no coming around this. And going as close to screen used suits as one ever can, is the thing to do in my opinion. :)

The original strapping system is also extremly nice, i was surprized that they actually made a strapping system that effective and practical. But oh well :D

Ā 

Practical? You lost a screw and had to remove a bracket on your first troop with NG.

Ā 

Shall we get back on topic now? :)

Practical? You lost a screw and had to remove a bracket on your first troop with NG.

Ā 

Shall we get back on topic now? :)

Ā 

Yes due to me not fastening the screw before trooping. And even so there is gaffer tape.

Does anyone know if Paul will be continuing to produce armor for the rest of this year?

Ā 

Obviousley can't speak for him but, I've been in contact of getting some armour towards the end of next month