Shimming TE2 vs other kit

I am 6' 1" and 185 lbs and looking to do a TD, could you please let me know if you think shimming would be required and if it is worth it or should I go with another maker like AP or TM?

Thanks all.

I am 6' 1" and 185 lbs and looking to do a TD, could you please let me know if you think shimming would be required and if it is worth it or should I go with another maker like AP or TM?

Thanks all.

Probably not in the torso at least. AP is smaller as far as i know.

I'm 6'0" and 185lbs, and did not shim anything except the left calf. I actually trimmed material off of the ab & kidney plates on my TE2. I've swapped out the ab plate for an ATA and it fit perfectly, so I'm not sure there is a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'0" and 185lbs, and did not shim anything except the left calf. I actually trimmed material off of the ab & kidney plates on my TE2. I've swapped out the ab plate for an ATA and it fit perfectly, so I'm not sure there is a difference.

So the girth of your left calf piece had to be made bigger?

How about your opinion on ATA vs TE2? size, color, detail, assembly..

Also, ABS vs HIPS? (ATA provides both now)

Thanks a ton!

Yes, it did. I haven't owned a full set of ATA so really can't say. I've used an ATA ab plate to replace my old TE2 one and no one has noticed the difference yet. :) They are both HIPS, so you just spray paint to match.

Given the choice - got ATA ABS all the way. Strong, very sharp pulls, durable, authentic color / shade of white, doesn't need painting

I agree with this. The new ATA kit is very very nice.

I agree with this. The new ATA kit is very very nice.

Having only owned ATA and AP armor, i cant comment on the TE2.

ATA ABS is a great kit though. I had to trim it down a bunch though, as im skinny. I actually had to trim down my AP set a bit if that is any comparison.