How do I get approved or registered?

It has been two long years that I have been waiting to do this. Gathering all the information from all you hard working troopers and losing over 40 lbs. to fit in the armor, I think I am am finally ready to present myself and my armor. One problem, though. I don't know where to start. Where do I submit my photos? To whom do I need to contact to receive a TK number? Do I need to apply for the status that I am looking for (EIB or Centurion)or am I just assigned a status? I just want to take the right steps.

Thanks

Nice to see a new prospering member!

Yes, you need to be a member of the 501st Legion before you can apply for expert infantry or centurion.

This page might have the answers you're looking for! http://www.501st.com/databank/Membership:JoinUs

Congratulations and Welcome!

As Mathias said, contact your local GML and get the ball rolling. Once approved and accepted into the 501st, follow these steps:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Wow! Thanks for jumping all over this reply! Not that it surprizes me. The troopers here really give tooth to the meaning of brotherhood. I have been posting and contributing now for a couple of years but have yet to see mtself in armor due to my size. Although I will need 3/4 inch side shims, my forearms, biceps and shins no longer need them. I could have shimmed these all from the start, but altering my armor several times leads to problems in the future. 40 Lbs. was a hard goal to acheive. However, I did it naturally the way it is supposed to be. Although my diet was a drastic change, I believe that it is the diet we were designed to eat. It is controversial I know. Tons of fruit, veggies, whole grains, brown rice and (here we go) no dairy products and limited animal protein. This with regular excersize is what did it for me.

I am not looking to stand on a soapbox or start a heated debate on vegetarian or not vegetarian. This is what I did. Everyone who wants to lose weight wants to know, "how'd you do it?"

Back to trooping. I will get on the right steps and see you all soon!!!!!

Thanks again!!!