Anybody try mixing ATA or CAP shoulder bells w/RT-Mod

With all the franken suits out there has anybody tried this? A friend brought over a scrap piece of plastic from ATA and it has a very slight color difference but not noticeable outside. Inside though with a trained eye you can tell but doesn't look bad.

Wonder if AP is any different? Are there any tricks to blend ABS armors together? Really want to get more arch in bells and would like to avoid bondo and painting and still having them not match as close anyway.

Thanks for any help!!

I wouldn't worry about it that much TBH

Ive sold loads of bells to loads of people and never get complaints

A lot of suppliers change their plastic source from time to time so it's hard to say truly

What I will say is, if they're a little bit off, so what. It draw attention to the fact it's a different armour piece without people noticing it's a different colour

Helmets I'd be more cconcerns about

Thanks for the Vote of confidence!

I really wanted to keep everything the same out of respect for the sculpters work but trying to tighten them up just wasn't working.

The top would be to pointy and the heat gun couldn't break ball-like form near the top without shrinking the surrounding area.

We have one trooper in the GLG who has mixed armor. In person I can tell, but in pictures, you can't.

His armor is so well maintained that any color mismatch is a minor detail compared to his overall look.

Well I've got very quick responses back from ATA and AP and now it comes down to deciding which one ...

The ATA was a little more glossy but with a good shine they could match pretty well.

Thanks for mentioning the difference in color between AP and ATA. That may be the avenue to take since RT mod us slightly lighter in color than ATA.

Appreciate the help everyone!

I hope it's no problem. I've got AM armor, bought a ATA back plate, I'm expecting an RT-Mod Chest plate and an ATA helmet (and i've already got a VT helmet). Talk about Frankenstein!

I hope it's no problem. I've got AM armor, bought a ATA back plate, I'm expecting an RT-Mod Chest plate and an ATA helmet (and i've already got a VT helmet). Talk about Frankenstein!

Wow! It's Alive!!! It's Alive!! :lol:

Yeah you guys are right about not worrying so much, Im going to shoot AP another pm right now..