Doopydoo's "new" all resin kit

Today I got in the "new" Doopydoo's kit. So here we go....

First step, the pic of the brown box lol

IMG_20110526_130135-1.jpg

Upon opening the box. Nice packaging.

IMG_20110526_130205.jpg

Layout of all the parts

IMG_20110526_130445.jpg

I chose to use 5 minute fast setting epoxy. Easy to work with and holds great.

IMG_20110526_215517.jpg

I test fitted parts and pencil marked where I wanted them to line up

IMG_20110526_215607.jpg

IMG_20110526_215633.jpg

I marked everything out, and started the building

IMG_20110526_215536.jpg

IMG_20110526_215557.jpg

IMG_20110527_090224.jpg

IMG_20110527_090937.jpg

IMG_20110527_092332.jpg

IMG_20110527_092344.jpg

IMG_20110527_092351.jpg

IMG_20110527_092404.jpg

IMG_20110527_134620.jpg

IMG_20110527_150426.jpg

I will add more pics after I prime and paint it!!! Let me know what you think of the build so far...

Looking great! Thanks so much for posting this thread - I've been thinking about getting one of these new kits and have been wanting to see a build. Inspiring stuff!

Edited by ZeroRoom

what about the inner barrel and spring?

also I'd say that your sight rail should be just a tad thicker!

but overall it's a nice look to it! proper size, proper length!

I'm gonna have to get me a few of these!

what about the inner barrel and spring?

also I'd say that your sight rail should be just a tad thicker!

but overall it's a nice look to it! proper size, proper length!

I'm gonna have to get me a few of these!

I thought about doing a inner barrel and spring. But I didn't have the supplies at my house. And you know how that goes.... new box of toys.... glue.... paint.... LET PUT IT TOGETHER!!! Not to mention I just had my jaw surgery no more than two weeks ago, I'm kinda limited to what I can do, and I didn't have a chance to get to the store. I bought this more as a "give me something to do while I'm stuck at home from work". Oh yeah, not to mention, it's convalescent leave so I'm getting paid for it. But I still can't go anywhere.

I used 1/2" pvc for my inner barrels. it's also good to make the inner barrel extend past the end of the bolt, into the cocking channel.

the rear of the bolt in this version is missing, so the 1/2" pvc should go into another piece of pvc that should be about 3/4"

that simulates the end of the bolt, and then with the inner barrel extending that simulates the blowback buffer assembly

that rides behind the bolt.

to make the inner spring I used a copper wire from the ground wire on simple coaxial wire. I cut off the white insulation stripped out the whte and blk wires

and painted the copper wire black after shaping it into a "spring" by wrapping it around some 3/4" tube.

ANHblaster%20003.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

if you correctly place the wound coil to the correct shape it does not rattle much.

allowing the coil to press against the 3/4" inner shim (fake bolt end) and the end cap,

the pressure holds the coil in place just like a real spring.

• 1 month later...

Recently got this kit myself and E6000 arrived today, so I might try to put it together using that, only downside is that the E6000 has to cure for at least a day, and that will prolong the build a great deal. I only have one screw-vice and four clamps, so I can't glue on a lot of stuff at the same time. Maybe use rubberbands to hold stuff in place? We'll see. Anyway, looking forward to getting started!

I used rubber bands to hold everything together until the E6000 cured, it seemed to work fine, heres where Im up to so far.

261739_10150300666207629_708692628_9521028_5217522_n.jpg

I had to order the base sterling kit as they didnt have any full kits left at the time but I've got the scope and counter on the way from doopydoo's.

I threw the power cylinders together myself. That reminds me I still have to find the correct size nuts for the end caps :P

One thing that seems to have changed with the kit is the rear end cap now comes with a proper D-ring which is nice :)

Martin,

I'm in the middle of a hasbro build and while I have lots of clamps, I don't have all that much patience. I have tried the following glues along the way:

The Scotch-Weld DP605NS does a GREAT job but I can't keep using work's applicator tips. At $20 a cartridge plus the expense of the gun and applicator tips... that's too spendy for me to buy myself. Some people steal post-its from work... I mooch adhesives :engel:

Even with good clamp pressure all the brittle glues (including the CA made specifcally for bonding plastic) created a really crappy weak bond. After scraping dried glue globs off, I've had to go back and re-do my hengsler and folding stock with e6000.

E-6000: It's worth the wait!

Aloha,

-Eric

Recently got this kit myself and E6000 arrived today, so I might try to put it together using that, only downside is that the E6000 has to cure for at least a day, and that will prolong the build a great deal. I only have one screw-vice and four clamps, so I can't glue on a lot of stuff at the same time. Maybe use rubberbands to hold stuff in place? We'll see. Anyway, looking forward to getting started!

I went for the E6000 and I've gotten to the point in my build where I have to source new parts for a scope rail, hengstler bracket, inner barrel, rear bolt and inner spring.

Hopefully that will work out without to many bumps in the road... ;)