ROTJ original strapping system discussion

I think you'll find the foam is standard 1/2 inch upholstery foam. The original photo is further away and the foam may have compressed over the years.

The foam in mine will yellow after a few months too. You could just leave the liner outside for a while and it should start to look like the original very quickly.

I think you'll find the foam is standard 1/2 inch upholstery foam. The original photo is further away and the foam may have compressed over the years.

The foam in mine will yellow after a few months too. You could just leave the liner outside for a while and it should start to look like the original very quickly.

Will it really turn the same yellow shade? I've got the same blue stuff in my helmets ... time to leave it out in the Tenerife sun I feel! :D

My old SDS liner has gone yellow and that was Blue to start with.

And sure enough I took it out and it's already goign a bit yellow at the edges.

• 1 year later...

Not that I've found.

For my strapping, I mimiced that drawing pretty closely. And I've got the great helmet liner replica from Mark in the bucket.

• 7 months later...

Not for ROTJ. Most likely it was glued in place.

Btw, it's nice to have you back here Steve!

Hi Mathias, it's nice to be back :) although I was never too far away ;)

I see a lot of reference to Hook's & bar's, not much evidance of glue though, maybe a bar running through the sewn over elastic? good point BJ! the velcro maybe was one way it was added to?

any other thought's? I'm trying to finally sort out my kit ^_^

Glue or velcro (I'm betting it varied between different parts of the suit. Like glue for extremities and velcro on the torso). But there's for sure not the same screws and bars as ANH.

No Screws, yep I agree :)

despite the labeled drawing I don't think the hook & bar made too much impact into the kit overall. In favour of the glued in elastic but I'm still not sure about the chest & back & how thats connected to the ab plate?, any more ideas?.

I've still got "bar's" on the brain :glare: