unofficial FISD t-shirt

TrooperVenger

Great concept! For myself I'd prefer a few tweaks - e.g. the motto is Unquestioned Loyalty. A bit of font tweaking too and I'd be willing to approve it as official.

I'd suggest all - we have standard fonts for FISD.

I'd make the URL smaller and maybe put it on a sleeve, along with the stepping out trooper logo. For the words First Imperial etc. you can choose to use a different font, but it should be readable. Are you going thinking of doing just gray tones?

OK I'll make the changes to the font. Where do I get the font? Or do you mean something else?

I'll move the www.whitearmor.net to the sleeve and change the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment font to something more clear and put less of an angle on it so it's more equal in size from the front to the back.

The reason I used grey tones is because I figured it'd look better in just 2 basic colours. Trooper armour is basicaly black and white anyway, but I could add some colour to the lettering if needed.

I'm not sure I'll get it done fully tonight, but I'll definately have it done tomorrow after work.

I think greys are fine - I was just curious was all. For the font - I forget the exact one - it should be the branding repository that you have access to.

• 2 months later...

Hope there's not an issue in bumping this old topic back up, but I figured it was better to stick to the one thread than start another one.

Well after months of issues with my laptop I've finaly managed to get some changes done to the t-shirt design.

Again photoshop is being evil and my laptop is still being a pain. Needs another clean out no doubt.

tshirtv10.jpg

I have tried some custom t-shirt websites, but they either look terrible or for some reason won't understand that the object is on a transparent background and the blacks are infact the black t-shirt material or the white is the white t-shirt material etc.

I might just have a go with one of those iron on t-shirt transfer paper packs you can get.

Feel free to add any comments.

I hope to try and come up with some different ideas soon. All depends if my creative brain decides to co-operate or not.

I think you could run the website on the sleeve around the bottom, near the cuff of the sleeve, intead of up and down. Maybe do it on the opposing sleeve in Star Wars Imperial lettering/script, if you know what I'm talking about?

And I like the design, but what about the FISD info at the top, and putting the banner below the troopers legs, then finishing it with the motto? There is something about that letter "A"'s angle that just doesn't mesh with the other letters being straight. I dunno. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea and the look, it's just some things that seem off just a hair. I think the FISD shirt really is a superb idea, btw..........please keep posting progress pics!

The font I used was 'future' something. I think it's a terminator 2 font. I couldn't find the exact FISD font.

I still have the photoshop project files saved, so moving stuff around isn't an issue and changing the font isn't a problem either.

I'm also not 100% happy with the bottom text as it all looks a bit cluttered, but the font can obviously be resized to suit.

Again, if anyone want's to mess with the layout, feel free.

I guess if people have different opinions on everything, we could always put up a few versions and take it to a vote?

I don't mind really. I'm just trying to contribute to the cause as I can't contribute physicaly at troops as I haven't had my induction yet.

Problems with work and having inductions 300+ miles away doesn't help. Will get to one soon though.

Doesn't the trooper on the left kinda look like he is holding his crotch and looking down at it?

thats were a ewok nailed him!!! :laugh1:

so when will theses be up for grabs??

Doesn't the trooper on the left kinda look like he is holding his crotch and looking down at it?

Gasp! How very dare you insult my work, sir! j/k

Well it was very difficult to get the correct pose as BOTH troopers are me. Taken seperately and stuck together in photoshop.

Hmm. Yeah I guess you could say he's holding his crotch, but he's supposed to be injured. Well that's the look I was going for anyway.

Problem with photoshop CS3 is it doesn't have the awesome pupet feature CS5 has, If it did, I could simply move his hand a bit and it'd look different.

Sadly I don't have the early project files, so making adjustments is a pain in the butt.

Anyhoo, I'm not gonna fudge around with this much more as it's already on revision 10!

As for ordering, it's still not 100% finished and the font and layout need some adjustment here and there. (As suggested by one or two people)

Like I said earlier, I could always upload several versions, take it to a vote and go with whatever one wins.

Oh here's another non star wars related t-shirt.

batmanv4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd honestly completely forgot about this thread and I did think I posted the 'final' revision. I even printed out a copy and put it on a t-shirt for myself. I'll try and find a picture and post it.

It's hard to believe I did this over a year ago. Sadly due to having a new laptop all the individual files and project files were lost when my old laptop died.

I might have the individual images saved somewhere. I'll have to look.

I've not been around here in ages. Due to not trooping because of work and a whole host of other reasons I've just not come around here. At least not in a regular posting sense.