Naatsirhc's Scratchbuild ANH Blaster

naatsirhc

I am starting my quest for ANH Stunt Centurion. I am going to show you how to make your own blaster using a variety of materials that can be obtain at little or no cost. I am also going to show that an accurate blaster can be created without a resin kit glued to a PVC pipe.

Please refrain from posting any negative comments in my build, a new thread can be started for that elsewhere.

Questions and comments are welcome :D

Here we go....

I started out by purchasing a Hasbro blaster for $10

hasbscratch18.jpg

Then I gutted it down to a shell

hasbscratch17.jpg

You see the use of standard sink drain extention pipe(2@$2.99-16" length)that I am using for an inner shell and fillin. The bolt is made from a plastic container w/ a strip of styrene.

I have been using the visual reference material found in the armory and the BBC blaster plans(which have some issues). I have also found Tkbondservants modifications to those plans helpful.

Here are some shots of the barrel w/ a rule to demonstrate scale

hasbscratch15.jpg

hasbscratch16.jpg

Here you see a full layout using a doopy-doo tip(temporary until scratch built)

to provide full dimension. You also get a glimpse of my scratchbuilt handle.

hascratch1.jpg

hascratch2.jpg

hascratch.jpg

Next up: Handle assembly

Being that I have been under a great deal of stress lately, this project has been a great outlet and source of calm for me. I really enjoy having to think and create. So, I needed to challenge myself with the handle. This is my first go at this in depth of a build and only my second blaster build, BTW.

I have modified the BBC grip plans, I wanted a more accurate handle.

hasbscratch11.jpg

I then cut out some plywood,abs and masonite shapes. Layered together will provide the right thickness and grip details.

hasbscratch1.jpg

I used the same clips that many of use use for mounting the O2 canister for the trigger guard. This requires the use of a vise and a hammer, pounding the desired shape into the metal. Trigger is layered plastics.

hasbscratch2.jpg

I have notched out the trigger area and installed a spring(lighter)Hopefully, the pictures do most of the explaining.

hasbscratch3.jpg

hasbscratch4.jpg

hasbscratch7.jpg

hasbscratch5.jpg

hasbscratch6.jpg

hasbscratch9.jpg

hasbscratch8.jpg

Here are some shots of my scratch built counter and folding stock

blasterchop29.jpg

hasbscratch12.jpg

hasbscratch13.jpg

Well, I had better get back to fabricating!

;)

pardon me for asking, but I don't believe that hasbro mods are allowed for centurion?

Ā 

you look like you're well on the way to a fully custom build.

Ā 

keep in mind that the hasbro is too short.

Nice. Does the folding stock opens?

Ā 

Juan,

I have been toying around with the folding stock concept. I have now figured it out and will be scratchbuilding another stock piece. Here are some shots of what I worked out with the prototype.

hasbscratch20.jpg

hasbscratch21.jpg

hasbscratch22.jpg

hasbscratch23.jpg

hasbscratch24.jpg

hasbscratch25.jpg

Thank you for asking? B)

pardon me for asking, but I don't believe that hasbro mods are allowed for centurion?

Vern,

That is a very valid question, thank you for asking!

It currently states Hasbro's are not allowed, even conversions. This is to specify that a standard hasbro with slight mods and resin attachments is not enough to qualify. A fully modded Hasbro is an intermediate level project suitable for EIB. I intend to show that I can produce a finished accurate looking blaster with the use of hasbro parts. I beleive I have demonstrated that this is an advanced build. I will include all of the neccessary components that are required for a Centurion quality blaster. Once I am finished with the fabrication then comes assembly. I think once I get to the bondo stage, my case will be more convincing. ;)

Ā 

you look like you're well on the way to a fully custom build.

B)

keep in mind that the hasbro is too short.

We agree again, the hasbro is too short by itself, but if you look at my pics you will see that I have extended it. I beleive you need to add 1 7/8 inch spacer.