Hasbro blasters no longer allowed ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with this. If you're too small, too tall, to fatt, you can't be a stormtrooper ? Come one... Everyone who dreams about wearing a stormtrooper armor should be able to do it. ;)

Oh, and w're a bit off-topic :P

Benji, your quote says "in quest for accuracy", you've made my point for me, yet you disagree. To each, his or her own I guess.

I think you guys are missing something here :blink: . Some of us are artists and creative problem solvers. I have a large skill set and experience doing different jobs that require problem solving. For myself, it is far too easy to just put a model kit together. I require it to be more challenging, where I have to be creative and find solutions. This makes it fun for me!!! For many it sounds like a lot of work and wasted effort. But, the end results are always worth it :D . No, the hasbro blaster I have right now is not completely accurate(my first try) it looks great in pictures,though. The one I have stopped production on(starting scratch build) will be noticeable by the grip and it's placement. You can completeley hack a hasbro and make it work. Sure, you have to do all this crazy :wacko: work!

:6: My point is that some of us are wired to mod things, others make things, then others who build things, those who recast things and then those who are combinations of the above. This is what makes FISD great, diversity in skill and talent.

This is all I am going to say:

I am all for an accurate costume, but there is a diff when it comes to actual trooping. Sometimes we have to make those little sacrifices to accuracy to allow for our comfort. Big examples are fans and electronics. I troop when I troop, meaning I may be in my armor for 4-8 hours. Having a lightweight blaster helps w/ the fatigue factor. We all have our reasons, but the main reason we are here is to have fun and raise money for charities and organizations that better the human condition. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, on this topic we must agree to disagree and remain civil.

I fully agree that just an out of the box hasbro fully painted is not enough!

I would agree that it is easier and better option for most people to do kit or pipebuild.

@Thanks Lou, I agree with your comment!

Talking of basics...

Hasbro E11 = hasbro blaster + glued on parts (not accurate)

Pipe E11 = pipe + glued on parts (accurate)

It's as simple as that

Yeah...

Don't want to keep feeding the fire here.

I could agree with what most have said in one or other way. It is all mater of from which point of view we see thing. Damn Obi Wan, he was so right.

I would just add this so we don't make the mistake to thing we (anyone) hold the whole truth...

Hasbro E11 = hasbro blaster + guled on parts (not accurate)

Pipe E11 = pipe + glued on parts (can be made to be more accurate)

Deactivated Sterling = Real Sterling SMG + real parts (can be made to be the most accurate-ish)

Real prop used in production and in great shape = 100% accurate

Even the best kit can go through a crappy build and that wont make it accurate.

Thats it from me.

And that is my opinion.

:D

And, to answer the original question and go back on topic: Yes, it is still allowed, only not for Centurion program. ;)

Saludos

Hey bro...

Just by reading your opinions and seeing you are Centurion, I know right away that we have more ideas in common than different. Pls, that my word for that.

No hard feeling bro.

Just enjoying a healthy discussion!!

Cheer bro!

Saludos

Juan

No problem , i do as well. :duim:

I accept your pov. Only cause we have not the same, it not means we couldn't speak normal about it.

Cheer's ,too :salute:

Edited by Turrican

Lets dispel this "weight" BS shall we.

My pipe and resin kit: 2 pounds 3 ounces

My Hasbro with resin kit: 1 pound 13 ounces

Thats right folks , by choosing the innacurate option to save the weight on your poor little arms you are saving yourself the stress of 3 ounces or so!

Now thats done with.....

Yes. Sorry to those who have asked but it does look like a Hasbro in pics, no matter how many resin parts you throw at it.

Have they been banned?

No.

Should they be?

IMHO for new applicants to the 501st yes. Times have changed. Gone are the days when it was the only option, hell gone are the days when they were the only cheap option.

We have a saying in my neck of the woods.

"faut pas etre plus catholique que le Pape"

Which translates stop trying to be more Catholic than the Pope.

If the Hasbro works for you, fine!

If the Hasbro doesn't work for you go the alternate route.

I understand the quest to better oneself is a noble goal but to shove it down someone else's throat is elitist and unacceptable for something we do as a HOBBY.

BTW, I'm sure many of you have seen Quebectrooper's Hasbro mod but for those who haven't

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11033&hl=hasbro%20mod&st=60

Looks pretty damn fine for trooping.

matt your missing post is number 58 i can see it fine by the way

Dare I even ask were the #### my last post in this thread has gone to? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Or do the mods now have free reign to remove whatever they like without explanation?

matt your missing post is number 58 i can see it fine by the way

You can now.

It was "unapproved" of by one of the moderating team for being "hard handed". Seems honesty is not the best policy here.

A polite pm explaining its removal wasn't sent/recieved and the post only reinstated after I expressed my displeasure via pm.

So there you have it folks, feel free to post away as long as it doesn't rock the boat and whatever you do don't answer an asked question honestly if its not likely to be the "pro" answer that the questioner desires.

Matt - please do not take offense where none was. Your last post is pretty petty - you seem to feel it's fine when we mod posts you don't like but you get offended when the same is done to you, even when restored?

It seems we can mod away as long as it doesn't rock your boat, no?

By reacting as you are, you're the pot calling the kettle black. Sorry to say that as I respect you a great deal, but there it is.

IMO, there are plenty of E-11 kits that are extremely affordable and would easily replace that toy gun. I think it is about time that the 501st drops the Hasbro blaster completely, but for some reason stormtroopers are forced to be stuck in the past with inaccuracies that a lot of people don't want to accept, leaving us to turn a blind eye and just say, "All right, have fun with your toys."

Edited by TK-1287

I think the major problem here is not that some troopers prefer the Hasbro, I think it's their country laws that won't allow them to use anything else, so they're stuck with the Hasbro, or even worse; nothing. For example, I have a trooper friend over at Malaysia who troops with his Hasbro, but it needs to be in his holster at all times or else it will get confiscated. I assume it would be pretty much the same with the pipe build. Or even worse, it might get confiscated.

IMO it would be wrong to phase out the Hasbro blaster completely, specifically for those reasons.

I think the major problem here is not that some troopers prefer the Hasbro, I think it's their country laws that won't allow them to use anything else, so they're stuck with the Hasbro, or even worse; nothing. For example, I have a trooper friend over at Malaysia who troops with his Hasbro, but it needs to be in his holster at all times or else it will get confiscated. I assume it would be pretty much the same with the pipe build. Or even worse, it might get confiscated.

IMO it would be wrong to phase out the Hasbro blaster completely, specifically for those reasons.

Well said.

Although we are a global organization we are still required to conform to local laws, especially regarding firearms (real or otherwise), and each locality is different. That is also why, per both Legion policy and the Legion-approved CRL, blasters are not even required for basic membership.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Weapons_policy

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

I'd really like to go centurion but it looks like I have to buy a hyperfirm or build one...In the meantime I'll remain a lowly trooper with my non realistic Hasbro :lol:

HasbroBlaster004.jpg

HasbroBlaster003.jpg

HasbroBlaster002.jpg

HasbroBlaster001.jpg

Edited by darthfoster

Wow thats a great mod! I can just imagine the magic you would work on a kit! Amazing! For Centurion you could get the new Doopydoos full kit. Im just wrapping mine up now and will post completed pics tommorow. I think its top of the line for a resin kit. And it really wasnt that expensive. Heres a copy of my order:

Description: STORMTROOPER E-11 COMPLETE ANH E-11 BLASTER KIT

OFFER

Item Price: GBP 39.99

Qty: 1

Total: GBP 39.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: GBP 39.99

Delivery(america and canada): GBP 17.97

Total: GBP 57.96

57 pounds is basically 100 dollars. Not much more than the Hasbro + doopydoo kit really. Basically for 40 bucks more than the Hasbro + kit you can get a centurion quality kit.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll shoot doopy doos an email and see what the differences are between it and the mark III kit he was going to make. I can't take full credit for the blaster, Casey did most of the work. I did the trigger,some minor assembly,epoxy on the scope lens, repaint and weathering the blaster. You definitely have my vote on DD's stuff ;)

I just don't get the whole no hasbro at all thing though. There are good builds from both pipe and the hasbro. If it's a matter of just length,etc let the guys add the length and strip it down and add to meet the standards. Especially if the hasbro has been stripped down everything minus the electronics. Why not give someone the chance to meet the standards and keep the electronics and disable them/remove batteries and plug the light for canon events?

Sorry for the rant fellas but I wish I was not so busy at work and had a chance to chime in when the centurion deal was voted on...Heck I just found out about there now being a whole other website with folks splintering off and the bit.

Edited by darthfoster

Thats exactly the problem here in switzerland. Ok you can bild a screen accurate blaster for the EIB Pics.

Thats exactly the problem here in switzerland. Ok you can bild a screen accurate blaster for the EIB Pics.

It may be a valid argument when using a white Hasbro, but ......

I don´t think there is any difference between a black Hasbro or a black pipe-build for the law and any officers - or are you trooping with a white/orange oob Hasbro?

You have to put an orange stuff on front of the blaster. The hasbro is a toy so the police will say ok.......maby :-)