Hasbro blasters no longer allowed ?

I haven't been on here in ages, mainly because I've been trooping in my ESB Fett. I noticed that under the ANH requirements, there was a note that says Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversion. I was wondering when this took effect and why. I was approved back in 2008 with a hasbro/doopydoo's E-11 and now I'm wondering if I need to obtain a new E-11 for trooping.

There are still threads about Hasbro's and conversions, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here in ages, mainly because I've been trooping in my ESB Fett. I noticed that under the ANH requirements, there was a note that says Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversion. I was wondering when this took effect and why. I was approved back in 2008 with a hasbro/doopydoo's E-11 and now I'm wondering if I need to obtain a new E-11 for trooping.

There are still threads about Hasbro's and conversions, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for your help.

What your seeing is the "centurion" requirements. All the requirements for all 3 levels of builds, standard 501st, EIB and Centurion, are together, but coded with colors. Black type is regular 501st requirements, blue text is EIB, red text is Centurion, which is even higher level of accuracy than EIB. But for standard 501st, modded hasbro blasters are still accepted.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

my 2 cents:

there is good enough and movie accurate but then people raise th bar again and try to go too far...

there is no way you will ever get a definitive version of the stormtrooper suit...unless you get your paws on some major cash, have connections and buy a real suit which is probably not gonna happen anyways.

its like trying to recreate the eiffel tower the exact same way it was built long ago...you cannot recreate the past...you can only emulate it with the tools of the present...

you can't reproduce or clone the suit, you can emulate them but if you set your bar too high yu set yourself for fail....i know i am like that...i will be happy one day if i get a TK number....thats my goal, the rest is just frosting on the cake for me.

I'd like to see them phased out TBH

Not banned but just new members encouraged to do a pipe build

About the same cost and the same process....

You glue things to a base. Base is an accurate pipe rather than the hasbro

Nothing has changed. Hasbros are still 501st acceptable and they are also EIB acceptable with a DOopydoos kit. The only place they are not accepted is for the Centurion badge.

These tiers exist to give everyone a level of accuracy to strive for IF they so desire.

like robert said!

all I can say is that Fx armor and a hasbro would be nice to lose.

you can get the real cast from original, and then of course there's always the new Sci man armor coming out.

the kit quality and standards of the FISD are leading the way to accurate armor no matter what size trooper you are!

making an accurate blaster with lights and sound is not that hard!

I'd say it is obvious that people on FISD are the most passionate about Storm Trooper armor. That is a given with our population. I am obviously not a TK, but I do troop. Now that I have learned more, I can tell the difference between a good blaster and a Hasbro. I at least have doopy doos on mine, most of the Outpost is just using black Hasbro's. For the viewing public, a weathered Hasbro looks impressive, and there is a place for it for entry level troopers.

What I'd like to see go as a start are the black buttons on the FX. At least paint them the right colors. Almost all of the outpost has black button FX, and it does stand out compared to the other folks!

Julie

Edited by Femtrooper Julie

I would just like to say that you can make a hasbro look screen accurate. I will always troop with a Hasbro. It's light,cheap and if it breaks you fix it. When I do photo opps with kids and adults, I can let them hold it. Most of the troopers that have $200 plus invested in a blaster won't do that. You should see them light up when I ask if they would like to hold my blaster. I will do a scratch build for my Centurion, and have a fully modded hasbro as my trooping blaster. Look at my ESB screening pics, does it look like I have a hasbro?

Vern, I really do not think you can compare the hasbro with an fx bucket. No matter what you do to an fx bucket it will always be an fx, the dimensions are way off. A hasbro blaster, on the other hand, is much closer in scale and can be modded to look like the real deal.

Just my 2 Credits ;)

Vern, I really do not think you can compare the hasbro with an fx bucket. No matter what you do to an fx bucket it will always be an fx, the dimensions are way off. A hasbro blaster, on the other hand, is much closer in scale and can be modded to look like the real deal.

Objection, your Honor!

To get a Hasbro look like the real deal, at least when you know how that looks, you have to replace nearly every visible part of it. Granted, for the most of the crowd it is a black tube with a kind of scope-thing on it´s top, and a grip in the middle, too.

I think it is a nice and easy ready to run solution for absolute beginners, or people with 2 left hands - but it looks less like a E-11 than a FX like a ST-bucket. And who can build a armor, can easily build a pipe-kit, too. Or knows someone in his garrison who is a good hand at such things.

Thanks for the explanation ! To be honest, I rarely troop in my TK since I've made the Fett, but I like to be accurate. I'm at EIB level, but it would be nice to eventually get a better E-11 than what I have.

Thanks again,

Tim

Most sellers offer a variety of GREAT kits at a great price, way more cheaper than the rubbish crap you'd find on eBay and of course, way more accurate than the FX. The armor is not so accurate, but It's okay, but I completely dislike the FX helmet and I also think it should be phased out and make it a dust collector. Not that I'm assuming everybody has a handful of money ready to spend 100USD+ on a helmet, but it would be nice to see a good percentage of the TKs in the legion with a helmet that's not the FX.

And with the Hasbro blaster, It's not very accurate, but the Doopydoos kit REALLY helps a lot to make it look good. A pipe build is not a big difference (monetary speaking) it just takes little time to save and in the end you'll end up spending like 20 more dollars if compared with the hasbro kit.

The problem here in switzerland is you are not allowed to walk around with stuff that looks like a weapen! :-( you will get arrested! :-O its sad to buy a E11 blaster for a lot of money, that i never can use for trooping here in switzerland! Thats why i have a hasbro moded blaster. Even with the hasbro blaster i have problems with the police here.

The problem here in switzerland is you are not allowed to walk around with stuff that looks like a weapen! :-( you will get arrested! :-O its sad to buy a E11 blaster for a lot of money, that i never can use for trooping here in switzerland! Thats why i have a hasbro moded blaster. Even with the hasbro blaster i have problems with the police here.

This is exactly why i would hope that they never would eliminate hasbro blasters from being accepted. As nice as it would be, its just not logical for certain places. I always encourage the pipe builds, but its up to the trooper. A well done Hasbro with mods looks great to the general public, so id see no reason to eliminate it.

@naatsirhc- The hasbro with mods is only a few bucks cheaper than a PVC pipe build. and the pipe build looks 1,000 times better. I have a pipe build and will let the kids hold it..the same will hold true to a hasbro with a doopy doos kit and a pipe build....if it breaks, i fix it..why would it be any different? But again, i nice modded hasbro looks great to the public, so i wouldnt ever want the hasbro eliminated.

Yep thanks for the words! :-) i think in many countries they have the same problem like me.

Edited by TK6466

I doubt the police would let you off as it's a Hasbro blaster? They'd not know the difference between a hasbro and a pipe build surely?

Hasbro/Kenners can be made to look ok but not really in all honesty. Theyre jot screen accurate by a long shot

We place a lot of attention to rivets and paint colours etc, really baffles me why we let the blaster slip in terms of importance

I hope the centurion criteria also says the correct version E11 :)

if you go for a pipe build (i don't need one as I already have a great blaster, I just mean to make the question for those thinking about it) Where do you get the grip for it??

is there someone making grips, and counters and sights and stocks and butts and muzzles for one? I don;t think Doopydoos makes grips do they?

I doubt the police would let you off as it's a Hasbro blaster? They'd not know the difference between a hasbro and a pipe build surely?

Hasbro/Kenners can be made to look ok but not really in all honesty. Theyre jot screen accurate by a long shot

We place a lot of attention to rivets and paint colours etc, really baffles me why we let the blaster slip in terms of importance

I hope the centurion criteria also says the correct version E11 :)

Like i said i also have problems with the hasbro blaster :-( you need to have a orange point in the front of your blaster but i havent. For centurion its ok for me to have a screen accurate E11.

I love the Hasbro as a nostalgic Toy, I think the way the the stock works (original 1970's style) is great too.

However I think if you go to the trouble of putting a suit together, no mater how you dress up the Hasbro its never going to look that brill so I think you should kinda stride to improve your blaster, and even if you don't make one the, something like the SDS version looks pretty sweet.

Do we really need to be alienating more people? This is supposed to be a hobby afterall. Suerly the more people we can get in the 501st the better. More people to do troops means we'll be getting more money for charity. Isn't that the most important part?

I'm not saying for a moment we shouldn't have standards, but how far do these 'base' standards need to go?

I think the way things are at the moment are the way they should be.

Also you might say that a pipe build is easy, but as easy as it seems to you may seem an impossible task to someone else.

Do we really need to be alienating more people? This is supposed to be a hobby afterall. Suerly the more people we can get in the 501st the better. More people to do troops means we'll be getting more money for charity. Isn't that the most important part?

I'm not saying for a moment we shouldn't have standards, but how far do these 'base' standards need to go?

I think the way things are at the moment are the way they should be.

Also you might say that a pipe build is easy, but as easy as it seems to you may seem an impossible task to someone else.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH! It is why I do all this for FUN.

Me too lads but you're missing a fundemental point here

You buy a hasbro, it's not clearable on it's own. You need to work on it.

You glue things onto it.

Much the same as you would do to a pipe build :)

Only difference is there's a few more parts to glue onto a pipe.

It's not elitism. It's just common sense that's all

I love the Hasbro as a nostalgic Toy, I think the way the the stock works (original 1970's style) is great too.

However I think if you go to the trouble of putting a suit together, no mater how you dress up the Hasbro its never going to look that brill so I think you should kinda stride to improve your blaster, and even if you don't make one the, something like the SDS version looks pretty sweet.

You dont understand what i mean. I think its stupid for me to make an screen accurate blaster when i never can use it for any event here in switzerland. And i think in some other countries like holland or france they have the same problems. You cant walk around with a gun or blaster replicas.

I dont have a TK, but I try to be as accurate as possible with my TD.

I would love to have an accurate E11 for it, trooping, displaying or taking pictures.

There is no way a hasbro can look really accurate even if going under a lot of mods... starting with the diameter of the barrel.

This is my hasbro mod E11. Looks way better than off-shelf hasbros, but it is not accurate.

But, as in other countries, importing weapon parts (deactivated) or toy weapons and parts could give me a lot of troubles with customs and police.

Since even little cowboy toy guns are either prohibited or frowned by police and law enforcement.

post-3106-0-96545600-1304961216_thumb.jpg

post-3106-0-73587800-1304961225_thumb.jpg

So, for the moment, I am stuck with this.

That is one of the reasons I can not go SWAT over the MEPD (I could see that same problem if I ever tried to go EIB and Centurion)

Anyway,

I guess there will always be room for hasbros in the 501st. It is an easy, affordable way to have a blaster.

Not like FX helmet which just looks bad.